Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newbie Question

Chris Rimby

New in Town
So...with no good hat store in Atlanta all my hat education has come from internet retailer websites (and this site of course!). Several hat styles appear similar to me. Is this hat just a fedora?

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
Chris Rimby said:
So...with no good hat store in Atlanta all my hat education has come from internet retailer websites (and this site of course!). Several hat styles appear similar to me. Is this hat just a fedora?

can you link to the site it came from?

S

Samsa

Looks like a fedora to me. It's interesting to note that he's wearing a brown hat with a black suit.

Razzman

One Too Many
It appears to be a fine hat. The look is very shiek however, it doesn't appear the hat is for sale. Everything he's wearing you can click on and see it as a seperate with the price except for the hat.[huh] Strange.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
I have been told

Chris Rimby said:

Welcome Chris, I have been told there are some vintage shops in the 5 points area as well as midtown. I can not verify this, but that is what I have been told.

Chris Rimby

New in Town
Bud-n-Texas said:
Welcome Chris, I have been told there are some vintage shops in the 5 points area as well as midtown. I can not verify this, but that is what I have been told.

Hi,

You're correct...there are a few vintage clothing shops in 5 points with a small selection of hats. All of them are, of course, vintage though. Hats are an item that I would prefer to purchase new.

Sly Style

Familiar Face
Chris Rimby said:
Hi,

You're correct...there are a few vintage clothing shops in 5 points with a small selection of hats. All of them are, of course, vintage though. Hats are an item that I would prefer to purchase new.

You may find that you will get a better quality hat buying vintage than buying new. Just my two cents.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
yeah,
you can get a beautiful old hat with amazing felt and workmanship for the price of a bottom of the line new fur felt hat in most instances.

jml90

One of the Regulars
Dinerman said:
yeah,
you can get a beautiful old hat with amazing felt and workmanship for the price of a bottom of the line new fur felt hat in most instances.
Not if you have a melon like mine.

S

Samsa

Chris Rimby said:
Hi,

I think that's probably the first time that I've heard that sentiment expressed in the Lounge! Not that it's a bad thing, just interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally