Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Suit Day: Think MAD MEN

CharlesB

Suspended
I love that style suit but as a size 34 it can be a bit tough to get decent stuff off the peg.

When I saw this I had to get it.

early 60s 1 button brown suit in the Mad Men style.

87J36QBRN_normal.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
I looked at the link you posted in my thread and the suits look quite nice, and affordable. My only question is how they're constructed and how snug the armholes are. (Though from what I understand many UK makers still make them correctly.) I have a concern though... 50% polyester for some of them? Seems like it wouldn't breathe well.

belmondo

New in Town
Jovan said:
I looked at the link you posted in my thread and the suits look quite nice, and affordable. My only question is how they're constructed and how snug the armholes are. (Though from what I understand many UK makers still make them correctly.) I have a concern though... 50% polyester? Seems like it wouldn't breathe well.

They're probably constucted pretty cheaply, considering they retail for so little. The armholes will be quite snug; the store is really geared toward hip, skinny guys. I've seen this jacket first hand and I agree that it's inspired by the 1960s. However, its a shorter jacket in the 'modern' style, and the front edge of the jacket is quite curved, almost like a bolero or something.

CharlesB

Suspended
Jovan said:
I looked at the link you posted in my thread and the suits look quite nice, and affordable. My only question is how they're constructed and how snug the armholes are. (Though from what I understand many UK makers still make them correctly.) I have a concern though... 50% polyester for some of them? Seems like it wouldn't breathe well.
Actually the arm holes are quite nicely done. I've never had a problem with anything from there and my black waist coat from there is a staple of my wardrobe. Granted its not the quality of fabric you would find going wholly bespoke or anything but the quality based on the price is very very nice imho.

Jovan

Suspended
I've tried on skinny cut jackets before with horrendously low armholes that gave no movement, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything unfortunately. :mad: Glad to know they do it right though.

CharlesB

Suspended
Jovan said:
I've tried on skinny cut jackets before with horrendously low armholes that gave no movement, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything unfortunately. :mad: Glad to know they do it right though.
I'm super thin. I need as skinny a cut as possible most of the time.

Musclebuzz

New in Town
Jovan...
The show airs on cable ..on AMC. Check it out and everything will become totally clear...the show is dripping with style.

Always ask yourself...WHAT WOULD DON DRAPER do?????

CharlesB

Suspended
Musclebuzz said:
Jovan...
The show airs on cable ..on AMC. Check it out and everything will become totally clear...the show is dripping with style.

Always ask yourself...WHAT WOULD DON DRAPER do?????
A better question...who WOULDNT he do...

Musclebuzz

New in Town
I know Don would pour himself a drink...then pull out a fresh shirt out of his side desk drawer. Then he'd call Peggy for something.

Whenever I watch that show I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Smoking in elevators and everywhere else; driving w/o seatbelts with a drink in hand; playing with plastic dry cleaning bags, scotch at 9am in the office; unprotected sex in the office; carbon paper, telegrams.
They all look stunning doing it, too!

"Now don't be overwhelmed by all this technology!"

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I'll be the sardonic, jazz fan, aging bachelor copywriter who scuttles around trying to pick up the rejects from the office romances of my betters in position and pay. (They forgot to write my character in.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe