Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Old Photos I Found

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I went to an amazing Estate Sale this weekend and picked up these little darlings. I'm such a sucker for swimsuit or pajama shots. Thought you all might enjoy these too!
oldpic01.jpg

oldpic02.jpg

oldpic03.jpg

oldpic04.jpg

miss1934

Familiar Face
I love swimsuit shots! The one with assorted beach pajamas is fabulous though. I love them all! I wish there were some sort of vintage beach picnic day. I would really love to test out my wool ones at the beach. My family won't let me do it when it is just us...
~Anne

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Those are amazing! Thank you for sharing!

You know, it always makes me sad when I find old photos in shops... I mean someone cared enough at one time for these people... enough to take their photo and now here they are... years later... unknown and uncared for. I always thought that was sad... when no one in the family wanted to keep them...

I always wonder what will happen to my photos 100 years from now.

Naama

Practically Family
miss1934 said:
I love swimsuit shots! The one with assorted beach pajamas is fabulous though. I love them all! I wish there were some sort of vintage beach picnic day. I would really love to test out my wool ones at the beach. My family won't let me do it when it is just us...
~Anne

You really own one? I thought about buying one when I saw some on ebay, but just wasn't sure about it. I think theres something paranoid in me that keeps me from buying vintage underware or swimsuits...... And the fact that they are made of wool is a little bit suspect for me, beside this, I don't really go swiming often....
Why won't your family were them?

Oh yes, and the pictures are great! I envy the girls great waterwaved hair!!! :/ The guy in the third picture is great :cool: (first from the left)

Naama

Tin Pan Sally

What a treat! I just love all the threads with old photos, especially snapshots. Thanks for posting. My boss just gave me an HP officejet all-in-one 5610 printer, scanner, copier, fax. Mighty generous of her, huh? This means that soon I'll be able to post albums full of photos here from 1920s-40s, mostly of my family.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Wonderful! Thanks Lauren. I recently watched "Once Upon a Time in America" and the Miami Beach scene was reminiscent.

funneman

Practically Family
Great Pictures, Lauren!

BTW, is that Wildroot in the third picture, standing on the right, wearing his fifty-dollar swimsuit he almost bought on ebay for five-grand?

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Originally Posted by mikepara
...I'm the new owner of this. The picture that is unfortunately not the girl or the swimsuit

I believe it was illegal to own a girl even back then...

And ol' tempus fugit being so darn fugity she is very likely not a "girl" any longer, possibly not even among the living... which would make ownership vis-a-vis care and maitenance much less arduous, though no more legal.

mikepara

Practically Family
Haha

jake_fink said:
And ol' tempus fugit being so darn fugity she is very likely not a "girl" any longer, possibly not even among the living... which would make ownership vis-a-vis care and maitenance much less arduous, though no more legal.

Haha, thats the best reply I've ever seen. Brilliant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe