Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece suit, 42L

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
This is one of Brooks Brothers' top-of-the-line Golden Fleece suits made for them by Martin Greenfield Clothiers in New York. It's a solid gray 9.5 oz. wool/cashmere blend from the Walterboro book of fabrics that Brooks has made for them in Huddersfield, England. It's the best fabric they offer outside the MTM program. The construction quality is excellent, too--the best available from Brooks, the suit is fully canvassed and features significant amounts of handwork. How much handwork depends on whom you ask, but in any case it's enough to produce a very fine, beautifully made, extremely comfortable suit.

This one is single-breasted, two button, with notch lapels, flapped lower pockets, welt breast pocket, and single center vent. Buttonholes, including the lapel hole, are all hand-stitched. Four interior pockets, including two breast pockets, one pen pocket, and one lower ticket pocket. Trousers have double reverse pleats, cuffs, and belt loops, including the loop for your belt buckle's prong.

It is in as-new condition. It was altered for a Brooks customer who either changed his mind or didn't pick it up, so Brooks marked it out of stock and wrote it off (hence the cut-out labels and MOS written in the lining). The suit has never been worn, and is in perfect condition.

This suit retails at $1600, and a basic color like this is rarely discounted. I'm asking just $200 shipped in the continental US, a savings of over 85%! Paypal greatly preferred.

The tagged size is 42 long; as always, please look at the measurements below for specifics. PM me if you're interested or if you have questions.

Measurements

Jacket:
Chest: 45"
Waist: 41.5"
Shoulders: 19.5"
Sleeves: 24" +2" to let down
Length from bottom of collar: 33"

Trousers:
Waist: 35" +3" to let out
Inseam: 31" +3/4" to let down
Circumference at knee is 23"
Circumference at cuff is 18"
Cuffs are 1.5" wide.

DSC00623.jpg
DSC00628.jpg
DSC00629.jpg
DSC00630.jpg
DSC00632.jpg
DSC00633.jpg
DSC00634.jpg
DSC00635.jpg
DSC00636.jpg
DSC00638.jpg

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
It's a bit out of the ordinary, perhaps, but there are not a few long-torsoed and short-legged men out there. Don't overlook the fact that the trousers could be let down to 33.25" if the cuff is dropped. Or 32.25" with a 1-inch cuff or fake cuffs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007