Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Never expected to find this!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
An original program for Walt disney's Fantasia. Handed out when the movie premiered at less than 2 dozen theaters across the country in 1940.

Opus022.jpg

On the inside, a description of all the animated musical pieces.

Opus023.jpg

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
By accident,...

....that is, if I believed in accidents. But I was just browsing a local estate sale liquidator and found it in a pile of old magazines. Got a few of those also from 1929 through 1950. Various titles , Colliers, Country Gentleman, and Ladies Home Journal. From which I will post a few ads later. :)

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I've never heard of "Country Gentleman" before. Is that an American magazine? I'm a bit curious to see your pictures.

Those Esquires don't turn up too often. I've got two issues coming in the mail (Jan/Feb. 1934) that I'll post pics from also.

Congrats Maj.Danger!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Country gentleman was published by the Curtis publishing company of Philadelphia once a month. "The oldest agricultural journal in the world",...so they claimed. Lots of cool articles on cooking, crops, what trees to plant, etc.
I like these old mags mainly for the ads. :)
I gotta go back to this place soon and see if they have any "new" Esquires from the thirties.
I spent a mere 12 bucks and got 6 magazines and the program.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Daniel.

I also scored a local Cleveland magazine called "The Bystander", dated October 26, 1929. Just 3 days before the stock market crash! The tone of the magazine is very cultured and optimistic, lots of high end advertisers, they had no idea what was about to happen.
One very interesting ad in particular, for a housing development and yachting community on Lake Erie that was cancelled because of the crash. I live only a mile from this area and it's really interesting to see it as it was before it got off the ground. I think I might do a then and now sort of pictorial.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
That would be great. I'd love to see it. I always enjoy the before and after shots of the towns in the County that I live in. There was some really neat architecture that is gone now that is preserved in photos.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally