Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help finding THE hat!

Alexander

New in Town
Hi fellas, i´ve been thinking of buying a stetson hat from this site:
http://carnelle.com/stetson/furfelt/furfelt.htm The one that is called "Penn furfelt Stetson and I just want to know what you guys think of it and if someone have some pictures of it that you can post here because I cant seem to find anything about it on the internet!

Thanks in advance!

Greetings from Sweden and sorry for bad English :eek: /Alexander

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Maybe the Penn is earmarked for limited distributorship only in Europe? Have you looked at the main Stetson website? It's a good way to see at a glance what they currently make. I myself was surprised that the Whippet is again in production. I know this doesn't address your question - but if it happens that you haven't looked at the Stetson website recently you may want to do so.

Alexander

New in Town
zetwal said:
Maybe the Penn is earmarked for limited distributorship only in Europe? Have you looked at the main Stetson website? It's a good way to see at a glance what they currently make. I myself was surprised that the Whippet is again in production. I know this doesn't address your question - but if it happens that you haven't looked at the Stetson website recently you may want to do so.

I looked at Stetsons website but i couldnt find that model (is it called model?) and that is why I tried my luck here.

But are there a model from Stetson that is called Penn, maybe the website i linked in my post wrote something wrong?

And once again, Im sorry if I cant explain things right and my English is cr*p.

Alexander

New in Town
Good thing that im european even though hatshops are VERY rare in Sweden and the shipping cost from other countries breaks my heart.

Thank you all for helping a hat loving "newbie".

Alexander

New in Town
Carlisle Blues said:
No you are not plain stupid. Special maybe, but, I do not know you well enough to say. [huh] lol

Anyway... yes contact Stetson. They will get back to you pretty quickly. ;)

I hope that I´m special ;) Thank you for the advice, I´m going to send them a Email later on tonight :)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
If I were interested in new hats that Penn in navy blue would fill the bill nicely. What a good looking fedora!

Nice to meet you, Alexander. Your command of English is superb. Impressive. I'm shamed to be in casual command of only one language.

G'luck with the purchase!

OddSteve

Familiar Face
I think the Penn is only available in Europe. I considered buying one too, but I wanted a grey one and the shop that had the hat in stock couldn't provide a picture.

This and the rave about Akubra Hats lately made me buy a Federation IV instead... no regrets so far ;)

carldelo

One Too Many
Not-Bogart13 said:
That's a dreadful cheat. It's the Downs with a bound edge! :eusa_doh:

Actually I think the new Whippet is a Chatham with a bound edge (same size/shape as the Downs, but Sovereign instead of Royal quality felt). But still, it's just a new version of an existing (nice) hat.
http://www.stetsonhat.com/products_detail.php?id=589

To the OP - I found this page - the Penn looks like the upper left hat, style 111202 - weirdly there is no info given:
http://www.stetson.com/dress_hats_europe.php#

By my currency converter, the Penn is $102. If it is 100% fur, that's a great price. I would bet that it is Royal quality felt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe