Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

National Hat Day, Hat Person of the Year

panamaJess

New in Town
The Headwear Association will announce the celebrity voted "Hat Person of the Year" on National Hat Day, January 15.

This year’s nominees are Kate Hudson, Nicole Richie, Gwen Stefani, Johnny Depp, Justin Timberlake, and Hugh Jackman.

art02_a.jpg

You can cast your vote at: http://www.theheadwearassociation.org/

The idea is to vote for a celebrity who best promotes hat wearing on-camera AND in everyday life.

This Saturday is National Hat Day...join the movement to revitalize hats, and wear yours with pride!

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Out of the gentlemen, I would pick Jackman. He has a really cool look overall there.
Ms. Stefani definitely pulls it all together though.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
I think Depp is a bit more known for his particular fedora, though. He is seen in it a lot. He might win just because he is so often wearing a lid.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think that Depp is a good guy to pick for the award, I think he probably wears his in public more often that Jackman, BUT a search of "Hugh Jackman Hat" gets a lot more different hats than "Johnny Depp Hat" did. While I did like looking at Gwen in her hat, I think that picking a guy will be better for Borsalino, Stetson, and Akubra's business...

Later

CharlieB

A-List Customer
In 1982, Time magazine designated the computer as "person of the year", so why can't the Fedora Lounge be the "Hat Person of the Year"?

Can we launch a write-in campaign?

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I'm going to have to hand it to Depp. From what I know, he wears a hat more often than any of the rest. The lady that deserves the award most though, is Gwen Stefani. Hugh Jackman wears a nice fedora too though. Justin Timberlake sort of pulls it off, but he would do well to buy a slightly wider brim.

Scotus

One of the Regulars
I went to the Web site and voted for Depp. He actually wears a fedora often, as well as other hats. As for Justin, his hats always look as though they may have come from a discount store, nor is there anything special about them.

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
Voted for Jackman simply because of his cool looks in that pic. If he won the prize, he might start wearing his hat(s) more often... ;)

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I think that the sponsoring organization need to know about the FL. I also figure that Hat Person of the Year is a once in a lifetime award, so maybe someone can put a bug in Jackman's ear concerning more fedoras and next year.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth