Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor.Com - Shirts and Slacks

Dagwood

Practically Family
Today I received my first purchase from MyTailor.com. I ordered 3 shirts and 1 pair of pants. I tried them on and was very pleased with the fit. Here are pictures straight out of the box (which explains why I look rumpled). Sorry about the flash and color quality.

First picture is me in the new pair of black slacks and white shirt with thin black stripes (not very visible). I really like the straight collar (2.875 inches long).

132242.jpg

Next picture is a cream colored shirt with cufflinks (also a straight collar).

132747.jpg

Finally, here is a close-up of the cream colored shirt.

133128.jpg

Dagwood

Practically Family
Jovan said:
fit-wise, the cuffs on the white shirt seem just a tad loose, and the cream shirt's collar button looks like it's straining a little bit.

According to Joe, the shirts need to be laundered 2-3 times before they fit they way they are supposed to (he advised that all shirts shrink and, thus, they will be a little big when you first put them on). I really appreciate your feedback Jovan.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Very nice shirts Dagwood! I think the cuffs are fine. The Frenchies seem to fold over beautifully. Very nice!

How are the trousers? Well made? Pleats? What sore of details did you get?

Thanks for the pictures!

Dagwood

Practically Family
Thanks to everyone for their feedback. I was very nervous posting these pictures, and I appreciate all of your kind, and very constructive, remarks.

scotrace said:
How are the trousers? Well made? Pleats? What sore of details did you get?

I am happy with the wool trousers. They are pretty lightweight and drape beautifully. I have lost a little weight since I was fitted in late-March, but they are the perfect length and fit remarkably well.

Here are the trouser details (from the website):

Style Name Style Description
Slacks Style - S-11
Belt Loops - Regular Belt Loops
No of Pleats - 2
Pleat Type - Turned Out
Front Pockets - 1/8 Slanting Pockets
Slacks Lining - Front and Crotch Lining
Cuffs - Cuffs
Cuff Width - Proportionate
Suspender Buttons - NO Suspender Buttons
Left Hip Pocket - Double Welt
Right Hip Pocket - Double Welt

I would post better pictures but they are already off to the cleaners!

Dagwood

Practically Family
I got the pants and shirts back from the cleaners. Here are some better pictures for your consideration:

The pants:
b_170821.jpg

One of the shirts:
b_170905.jpg

Full body view:
b_170845.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Those are quite nice. Great color choice, and they seem to sit at the right spot on your waist.

I wonder if getting a long rise would make them even higher for those of us who are in Ed Brimly land?

Jovan

Suspended
scotrace said:
Those are quite nice. Great color choice, and they seem to sit at the right spot on your waist.

I wonder if getting a long rise would make them even higher for those of us who are in Ed Brimly land?
I think you can specify that with your measurements with most online tailors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust