Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My second work of Art - The Brooklyn

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
Here is my second hat from Art. I picked it up from the Post Office during lunch today.

First look in the hatbox
br_hatbox.jpg

Art's Signature and a nice black liner.
br_sig.jpg

The Brooklyn
br_front.jpg

br_side.jpg

Detail of the bow
br_bow.jpg

The center dent.
br_top.jpg

When the hat arrived it was basically an open crown. I'm guessing that happened in transit. The center dent took real easy but I need to ask Art how to make the side dents stay. They are staying fine as you see them, I would just like to make the pinch a bit tighter in the front.

Art, you've done it again, Sir!:eusa_clap

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
And I had a pot of Earl Grey for my trouble

That is a quite handsome hat; I rather like the crease, color of the felt and black liner. I entreat you to add the images and specifications this fine piece to the Art Fawcett Hall of Fame.

As for the front dents, I had a similar problem with the side dents on my Sesquipedalian, which was also made open-crowned by travel, but I found that some careful, but firm working with some steam put things right.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Excellent!

As to the front dents, I've noticed that Art tends not to put tight pinches on his hats. I think he's gently encouraging us.

What are the specs on that one?

So he's got white, red and black liners--I wonder if there are any other colors?

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
AlanC, here you go:

Felt: Pure beaver - rust
Crown height (open): 5 3/4”
Ribbon: Forest, 16 ligne
Brim width 2 1/2”
Ribbon: Rust, 6 ligne

I'll get some pictures up with me wearing the hat as soon as I can. I have had bad luck trying to take them myself, so I'll get the wife to help. ;)

Delthayre, already added. I will add the specs momentarily.

fletch31

Familiar Face
Wow, is that ribbon green?! I never would have thought of that color combination with that color felt but it looks fantastic! Art has got a great eye for matching these things up. I love his side brim profiles too. They are just awesome!

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
fletch31 said:
Wow, is that ribbon green?! I never would have thought of that color combination with that color felt but it looks fantastic! Art has got a great eye for matching these things up. I love his side brim profiles too. They are just awesome!

No kiddin'! That profile just goes to show that "vintage silhouettes" is not false advertizing!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another fine one MrFusion. Great color and ribbon combination. I love the side profile. It's very cool.

univibe88

One Too Many
AlanC said:
So he's got white, red and black liners--I wonder if there are any other colors?

I had a chat with Art about this....and white, red and black are all of the options right now. I asked him if I could get a purple one, but he said he can't do a one-off. He has to buy them in bulk.

vonwotan

Practically Family
I'd be interested in purple liners for my works of Art. I guess we should to find out if there are enough people interested to make it worthwhile for Art to order some?

univibe88 said:
I had a chat with Art about this....and white, red and black are all of the options right now. I asked him if I could get a purple one, but he said he can't do a one-off. He has to buy them in bulk.

BTW - Great hat. I agree that it's a wonderful color combination that would not have occured to me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust