Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My 'new' (and first) Borsalino

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The mail lady (or "femailman" in the words of Bart Simpson) just brought this:

p1010615yb8.jpg

p1010616ii6.jpg

p1010620es8.jpg

p1010621lz8.jpg

It's my first Borsalino, and I couldn't be happier with it. It's a size 7 3/8. The interior tag reads "Bismuto", "3038" and "59310". Does that make it a 1959 hat?

A big tip of the Borsalino to the person (likely a Lounger) who had dibs on it and decided not to get it. Douglas, I think this one's a keeper.

I've got to fool around with the bash some, but I'd like to get it looking like this.

I'll try to post pics of me wearing it later.

DOUGLAS

Great Alan!!!!! I'm so glad you got it. It looks beautiful. Is there any damage? How does it fit? Do tell.

deanglen

WOW-WE-E-E!! Such a sterling example of a fine Borsalino, and you're right, Douglas would heartily approve of this one! Good for you, Alan!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

AlanC

DOUGLAS said:
Great Alan!!!!! I'm so glad you got it. It looks beautiful. Is there any damage? How does it fit? Do tell.

The fit is fantastic. I'm wearing it as I type. No damage at all that I can find. The brim is also fine, despite the concerns over the picture. Who knows why it showed up that way.

New information in from further poking around. There's a $22 price tag in it from 'The May Co.', which is written in a fancy cursive script.

p1010627kn7.jpg

DOUGLAS

Congratulations again Alan. I am very happy for you. See all that worrying for nothin;)

moustache

Practically Family
Wow!!

What a splendid Borsalino!! The colour is slightly lighter than mine.Fortunate fella.That hat is most certainly a keeper.And in such beautiful condition!
Congrats!!

JD

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Glad that hat found you - it's really nice!

The May Company was a big, upscale store in downtown Cleveland. Swallowed up several times by now.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Oh, man, Alan... that is sweet! Congratulations on a fine hat find!

I remember The May Company as a department store chain out in Southern California when I was growing up there.

Cheers,
Tom

Feraud

Bartender
AlanC said:
I've got to fool around with the bash some, but I'd like to get it looking like this.

I'll try to post pics of me wearing it later.

Nice hat. You should have no problem styling the hat like the one you pictured.
I would guess this is the first of many Borsos you will be acquiring..

AlanC

Thanks for all the kind words. I wore it out on last evening on assignment from the Boss to pick up an avocado at the grocery store. I just can't say enough good about the hat.

Feraud said:
You should have no problem styling the hat like the one you pictured.
Well, a normal person probably wouldn't. ;) I fear my bashing skills are sorely lacking. I've got to practice.

Feraud said:
I would guess this is the first of many Borsos you will be acquiring..
You may be right. It does whet the appetite, although word has drifted from Oregon that I will have another possible addiction on the way...:eusa_doh:

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
I have one just like it, all numbers being the same except mine is #66440. It was sold a Rogers Peet Company and for a price of $21.00. Sweet lid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust