Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Montecristi

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Since we seem to be in straw hat mode gaging by all the straw hat threads I will add my Montecristi Homburg. I resently aquired from Marc.

This is a pretty amazing hat really. It is not as light as I thought it would be but instead quite substancial I will agree most of the weight is from the sweat band but the hat is very dense and shows no light shining through when viewed from the inside. I do not know the knot count but it seems quite tight and closely woven. The workmanship is out standing. The hat itself is very pliable and supple yet does not seem flimsy like other straws I have. I like the way the brim seems to bounce when I walk. the color is kind of tobbaco but there is quite a bit of pink and blueish green in the material.
DSCN5422.jpg

DSCN5424.jpg

DSCN5423.jpg

DSCN5416.jpg

DSCN5425.jpg

DOUGLAS

more pics
DSCN5427.jpg

DSCN5421.jpg

DSCN5412.jpg

DSCN5414.jpg

I can't express how pleased and nervous I am about having such a well made hat. Thank you Marc for allowing me to steal it away from you.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Simply an exquisite lid, Douglas!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

The patch is 3" square.Some more info on the stamps and knots next to cm.
DSCN5419.jpg

DSCN5428.jpg

DSCN5429.jpg

DSCN5430.jpg

DSCN5431.jpg

HDRnR

A-List Customer
I dig your lid...I love different styles of Panamas. I recently acquired a stingy brim optimo from Panama Bob, never saw one like it before.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I didn't bid on the auction because it would never fit me, but my current mission is to have that hat reproduced in my size. The homburg is probably my favorite style of hat, and that hat is just too beautiful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust