Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mixed Batch Jackets.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Just wanting to hear from some of the experts here regarding Mixed batch Flight Jackets, specifically the B-3s, but wondering if theres any other flight jacket oddities you know of out there, and what is in their individual collectors appeal to some of you. ( would love to see a Pie-chart of appeal here! :D)

I see Eastman put out a Run of Mixed Batch from the Perry sportswear contract but Im sure that other makers would have run into similar situations during wartime manufacture. There was a B-3 On E-pay Recently That Looked Like it was a Mixed batch with an AERO Tag, it got me wondering how many others are still out there surviving in the wild. But Back to Eastman, If they put these out they must be in demand, so who wants them! and why!

Ive only seen two or three come up in the last 10 years on Ebay actually.

And as collectors items, what are they worth individually, depending on condition, and maybe even how the pannels are mixed etc..

Thanks

-J

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Seriously, nobody has any info, Stories, pics or Even OWNS one...:eusa_doh:

somebody here has bought an Eastman Mixed Batch At least...[huh]

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Of course! how silly of me.

www.eastmanleather.com

they have it all wrapped up pretty good. Go there, and If I remember correctly theres some info on them under-- original maker Jackets-perry Sportswear Contract.

and for those who want an even more boiled down version;

Mixed batch Jackets are super Extremely Rare items. Almost non-existant. I have only ever seen 3 in all my years of looking Like I said. The original method of Tanning hide with Reddish coloured Vegetable dye took too long to meet war-time demand, and a faster Darker Chrome-Tanning method was introduced, There was a Rush to meet orders and some places probly had to use up the Remainder of their older stock. Nuff said.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
I Do think Eastman made a good product for those few people out there who would appreciate such a thing.

with such a narrow market, they gotta love what they do.

Theres something about that un-balanced look. Its very unique.

so far as no one else has re-made Jackets this way since, This is WHY I ask, I want to see if someone here has an Eastman Repro, and how they feel the quality of the so called *scraps.

If you own a Mixed Batch B-3 for example, Eastman probly just put its value up by a few points by their website info alone I shouldnt wonder.

And I think if you look at the photos of the Original mixed batch jackets on their website, you have to agree they look absolutely breathtaking!

My heart soars like an eagle!

Like I said, now I wonder about other Makers and patterns etc..

Anything rare or unique in a Bomber jacket that you have seen pretty much goes here.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Decent! I would have named my chopped A-2 *Old Scrappy* :D

(probly Put angry Donald Duck on the back giving the old Fisticuffs!)

Didnt really get what they meant about the Cuffing during wartime.

Its nice, I would go for one that was built in that style, It creates a more unique looking Jacket.

I would Pretty much Give it hell too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth