Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Miller Hats

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Does anybody know if the fur felt hats they sell under their own name are any good?

I would really like to get a homburg and have pretty much given up finding a vintage one in my size that still looks decent. They have a fair selection of homburgs and hopefully someone here has seen one of their hats and can comment on it.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Vlad...

Miller's signature line hats are made by Biltmore. I have several of their fedoras. They are adequate, probably better quality than modern Stetsons or Dobbs hats. I don't have any of their Homburgs but I think they may be a little thicker. Hope this helps.

photobyalan

A-List Customer
I recently bought a Miller fedora second hand. I have no idea how old it is, but it has been cleaned (it shrunk from a 7 3/4 to a smallish 7 1/2!) and possibly had the sweatband replaced. It is a very nice hat and the quality of the felt is better than that of the Dobbs Golden Coach that I got at the same time, although not nearly as nice as the vintage Lee hat that you can see in my avatar. Still, I'd not hesitate to get another Miller hat, based on the one I own now.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Homburgs...

Have you tried sites like Hats in the Belfry, Dad's Hats or even The Village had shop. I've seen some of their varity. Some loos passable, others are the wool that may not work. I believe Christies still makes a Homburg. Just some thoughts.

Cheers!

Dan

Michael Mallory

One of the Regulars
I've always been happy with Miller Hats. IMO, Biltmore blocks are better than than most. The quality of the felt varies, with their velour, obviously, being the best, but it's usually decent. I did order a homburg from them once, and it was extremely well made, but it just didn't look right on me. It was too rounded, a little too derbyish, so I returned it.

jeboat

One of the Regulars
I bought an Indy type hat from MIller several months ago and was told by Miller it was made by Pacific Dorfman. It is an adequate hat, nothing special but fairly stiff.

I would not hesitate to recommend them. Fairly good hat for the money...

jeboat :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Johnnysan

One Too Many
I have two Biltmore fedoras and love them both...a Royal Biltmore (their entry level) and a Presidential Felt. Both are extremely nice hats - well made and durable. The Royal is a good everyday hat, but the Presidential stays in the case until I need a dressy black lid. Like others here, I would not hesitate to recommend them and have had excellent customer service from Miller's.

Vladimir Berkov said:
I am looking at their "Thames" model.

Vlad, that's a nice hat AND it's on sale! What color are you looking at - the gray or the camel? Either way, I imagine that you'd be pleased with the quality.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
The camel sort of interested me but apparently they don't have any in my size. The grey would probably end up being more useful anyway. I still think a light tan homburg would look really sharp with tan sport coat, white flannels and brown/white spectator shoes though. One of these days...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rand S