Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mallory premier

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
This one came in the mail.
it's got an underwelt pressed to look like a cav. edge.
Wind string button is sewn to the hat, string loops over it.

It's a nice hat, but it smells so much like smoke that I can hardly stand to be in the same room with it, let alone wear it. Anyway to get rid of this?

IMG_3269-1.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3270-1.jpg

IMG_3271-1.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
First off, what a nice looking Mallory! Wow!
Second, you may want to try two options. First, give it a good steaming over a tea kettle & then try the "used" fabric softener sheet trick in a large plastic bag to see if that absorbs any odors & restores a fresh scent. Make sure it is used one, or the fabric softener in it may stain the hat. We wouldn't want that to happen now, would we? If that doesn't work the other option is to try a naptha dip over night. From what I have been reading here that is what the professionals use & it is sure to work. Naptha is basically white gas or light fluid, so no open flames and plenty of ventilation is a must. It's bes to do it outside since the weather is turning nice. I'm sure you can find plenty of threads on the use & storage of naptha on the Lounge, no problem.
I hop that helps. I'm going to give it a try with a hat that is coming. We'll see how it works.

Cheers!

Dan

duggap

Banned
Hey Dinerman, since you are getting ready to go off to school, I am sure you could use some extra cash, so I have a proposition for you. You find hats for me for a fee. With your knack for finding hats I wouldn't need your services but for about six to nine months. Then I can act as your manager and we can get you finding hats for all sorts of members here at FL. By your senior year you will need a financial advisor.;)

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
You just keep on finding realy nice hats . Leave the hat outside and let the fresh air take out some of the smokey smell. Smoke is hard to get out of a hat . But I love that hat!

Steven
www.bencraft hats.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally