Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lytton & Co. Bowler

dekeshooter

New in Town
I picked this up at auction earlier this year. The only information I could find online was that Henry Lytton & Co. was a department store on Chicago from the late 1800’s through the early 1900’s.

Can anyone here provide more information on who may have been the hat maker or anything else about this hat?

Also, the stitching on the sweatband has deteriorated and is all but gone. Is there someone in or near Indiana who could possibly make repairs?
IMG_2207.png
IMG_2206.png

Attachments

• IMG_2207.png
    IMG_2207.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 17

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I've seen a few Lytton hats advertised online over the years but I have never tried to trace any history. You might check with Mike at Northwest Hats. I know he can help with restitching the sweat but I'm not sure if he will tackle any brim binding repairs.

I picked this up at auction earlier this year. The only information I could find online was that Henry Lytton & Co. was a department store on Chicago from the late 1800’s through the early 1900’s.

Can anyone here provide more information on who may have been the hat maker or anything else about this hat?

Also, the stitching on the sweatband has deteriorated and is all but gone. Is there someone in or near Indiana who could possibly make repairs? View attachment 638417 View attachment 638418

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1