Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for info on this vintage Resistol hat

BettyJayne

New in Town
I found this vintage Resistol recently and can’t seem to track down any additional info on it. Looks unworn, still has the original care brochure attached. Stamped inside Jackson Sporting Goods Co. Jackson Wyoming. The multicolored wooden toothpicks in the hatband I assume are original? Or maybe not. Have never seen that before.
I’m thinking it’s maybe 1960s? Not sure what to call the style. Seems to have elements of both western and fedora.
Hoping someone here can assist!

IMG_2496.jpeg
IMG_3011.jpeg
IMG_2860.jpeg
!

I found this vintage Resistol recently and can’t seem to track down any additional info on it. Looks unworn, still has the original care brochure attached. Stamped inside Jackson Sporting Goods Co. Jackson Wyoming. The multicolored wooden toothpicks in the hatband I assume are original? Or maybe not. Have never seen that before.
I’m thinking it’s maybe 1960s? Not sure what to call the style. Seems to have elements of both western and fedora.

View attachment 634302 View attachment 634305 View attachment 634306 !
I have limited knowledge of Resistol's, so take this with a grain of salt. I figured one of the experts would have chimed in by now. I think you're probably close in your estimation of age, maybe into the 70's. It's definitely a western/cowboy hat. The brim appears to be over 3' and it's creased in the 'Cattleman'. As to model, it's hard to say. There may be a mfg. label behind the sweat that states the model, color and so forth. The toothpicks were likely added by a previous owner. I've never seen them as original equipment. Great looking hat.

If you're willing to read, there's a lot of info here.
The Resistol Roundup | The Fedora Lounge

BettyJayne

New in Town
I looked under the band and found a label. Wouldn't have thought to look there, so I’ve learned something :)
I figured the toothpicks were likely the original owner’s addition but they do add character!

And yes, the brim is over 3” (about 3.5”). My image searches kept coming up with fedoras so I guess that’s where that thought originated.

Appreciate your reply! I’ll follow that link for more info.

IMG_3027.jpeg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I looked under the band and found a label. Wouldn't have thought to look there, so I’ve learned something :)
I figured the toothpicks were likely the original owner’s addition but they do add character!

And yes, the brim is over 3” (about 3.5”). My image searches kept coming up with fedoras so I guess that’s where that thought originated.

Appreciate your reply! I’ll follow that link for more info.

View attachment 634456
I'm guessing maybe late '50s-early '60s with the red sewn in liner and the look of the manufacturer's tag. I've worked on a gang of Resistols and other Byer / Rolnick hats, but still am no expert on dating them. Just a guess. Hopefully someone will chime in who has more expertise.

BettyJayne

New in Town
I'm guessing maybe late '50s-early '60s with the red sewn in liner and the look of the manufacturer's tag. I've worked on a gang of Resistols and other Byer / Rolnick hats, but still am no expert on dating them. Just a guess. Hopefully someone will chime in who has more expertise.
Thanks for the additional info. Really appreciate it!

Mighty44

One Too Many

View attachment 634302 View attachment 634305 View attachment 634306 !
Super cool hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1