Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LizzieMaine on TV

panamag8or

Practically Family
Lizzie!

Just saw you on TV!:eusa_clap

How cool it must have been to have someone drop that treasure in your lap, even if you had to give it back.

Jovan

Suspended
Did I just see one of our bartenders on TV?

I just caught a glimpse of The History Detectives on PBS, and I believe I saw our own LizzieMaine! It would make sense, since her occupation is historian (partly).

Forgive me if this is old news, but is it her?

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congrats Lizzie! I didn't get a chance to see it, but they usually rerun the episode the next day, so I will make sure to check my local listings to see when it is on again! How exciting though!!:eusa_clap

Feraud

Bartender
LizzieMaine said:
Sigh. I only wish they'd have pronounced my name right. *McLeod* not *McLod*
I was wondering about that. :)

Lizzie was excellent. She dated an aluminum recording of an Amos & Andy broadcast from the early 30s.

panamag8or

Practically Family
I saw it, too, but was silly enough to post it in the radio thread.:eek:

Thanks to Miss Neecerie for pointing me here.

Anyway... when they went to the first guy (who, btw, was sporting a pretty cool hat), I thought "You guys are talking to the wrong person. You need to go see Lizzie". Sure enough, there she was.

So Lizzie, how did it come about that they found you?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I actually got an email from them back last October sometime -- they were looking for experts on early radio in general and "Amos 'n' Andy" in particular, and since I've written a book about A&A, they figured I might be able to help. I did get to hear the recording before the show was taped, but I did instantly recognize the dialogue, because as they mentioned in the show, that particular storyline was the most famous sequence in the long run of the program, spanning three months in early 1931. So I didn't have to look too far in the scripts to pinpoint the date. Funny how I just happened to have that volume of the scripts in my briefcase that day...

They flew me to New York last December and we taped my scenes in an afternoon, mostly at a nifty restaurant in Harlem where I had the best shrimp I've ever eaten in my life. That alone made the trip worthwhile.

panamag8or

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
I actually got an email from them back last October sometime -- they were looking for experts on early radio in general and "Amos 'n' Andy" in particular, and since I've written a book about A&A, they figured I might be able to help. I did get to hear the recording before the show was taped, but I did instantly recognize the dialogue, because as they mentioned in the show, that particular storyline was the most famous sequence in the long run of the program, spanning three months in early 1931. So I didn't have to look too far in the scripts to pinpoint the date. Funny how I just happened to have that volume of the scripts in my briefcase that day...

They flew me to New York last December and we taped my scenes in an afternoon, mostly at a nifty restaurant in Harlem where I had the best shrimp I've ever eaten in my life. That alone made the trip worthwhile.

I was wondering where they shot that part at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82