Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leather marks

ericsanpablo31

One of the Regulars
Hi I was wondering whether anyone knows what these leather marks on a jacket might be/come from?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 1.52.53 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 1.52.53 AM.png
    233 KB · Views: 102

ericsanpablo31

One of the Regulars
any reason they’d be there on a jacket ? I’ve seen it in two separate Eastman jackets in the exact same place - mid chest right side. Doesn’t bother me but wondering is it something that happens while they make jackets ?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It could be hammer marks. This particular machinist could have the habit of hammering seams on top of other leather parts of the jacket. Something like this. Ideally it would be a rubber mallet and not use other parts of the jacket as a backing but real life is not always perfect.
1719422838627.png

I will say it's ok unless there is visible broken grain, scraped paint, or the marks are in front center spots (front or back). If the marks are at the corners or underarms area where its not visible when worn I am ok with those.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Could be a lot of things. Who is the maker of this garment ? Have you reached out to them ?
Doesn’t appear to be anything to worry about…

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rand S