Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knox Top Hats

cbayman

New in Town
First, this site is amazing...glad to be a new member. Is any information available anywhere about Knox order numbers and/or production data while they were in business and/or the successor. I recently acquired a gorgeous, in exceptional condition, Knox black beaver fur top hat, with velvet "smoother/dresser", and Knox box and am trying to identify it's age. Hat size is 7 3/4. It came out of an estate sale. Under the head band is a factory sticker with the number Y7895 and the name Raleigh. I know the Raleigh is for the Raleigh Haberdasher from Washington D.C. and is where the hat was ordered and sold thru. Raleigh's was "the" place to go for fine men's hats from the late 1800's thru to the early 1990's in D.C. Any info is appreciated.

newturnofphrase

One of the Regulars
I don't know much about Knox's production data, and frankly it's probably lost by now. Are you interested in selling it? If so, send me a private message as I may be interested in buying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe