Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just won this hat for $3.99!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looking forward to getting it and wearing it. What do you think? Not bad for $3.99 if I do say so for a 1930's/1940's hat. :eek: :D

Vintage Betty

132d_1.JPG

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well..there's no straight answer to that. So, let's sojourn down a road of discovery together.

The bucket shaped hat of the 1920's was available during the summer and winter. Due to it's unique boxy shape, this particular style is best represented with straw, though I have seen this style in fur, fur felt and felt or wool also.

I currently have a similar hat in dark blue straw that I need to do some work on before I can wear it to the Lounge.

As to whether I can wear it in summer or winter, here's some thoughts:

Pros:
I live in California and can wear whatever I want pretty much all year round. And depending on what city I visit, I REALLY can wear whatever I want. lol
The material is a weave of fiber and a rope-type material, representing both winter (dark fibers) and summer (rope). However, the dark thick rope might lean the hat into winter more than summer.

Cons:
Rope and straw hats are not usually represented for winter, as no one wants a rope hat that's been rained or snowed on.
Colors are typical of fall or winter.
I'm guessing from the photo, but I believe the style of knot shown is a typical sailors knot, just tipping it over into summer wear.

Lining and actual materials are unknown. When I get it, I can tell you more. But at this time, your guess is as good as mine. :D

VB

Feraud

Bartender
A beautiful hat! It looks like an interesting woven pattern.
It looks more fall/winter to me but what do I know about ladies hats? :)

Please post a few close up photos when it arrives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe