Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Crew Saddle Shoes $69.00

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Thanks HJ, I just placed an order. I've always wanted a pair of saddle shoes. The temperature is rising here in my part of California I've been wearing my linen trousers and white shirts, but the missing piece was the shoes. Just need the Jacket now and I've got my Toshiro Mifune outfit from "Stray Dog". :)

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I received my shoes recently and they are a good quality. The only problem I've had is that they were about a full size bigger than marked. I wear a 9 1/2 and had to exchange them for a pair marked 8 1/2 to get a good fit. Other than that they are great and look very vintage. Cheers!

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I received my shoes recently and they are a good quality. The only problem I've had is that they were about a full size bigger than marked. I wear a 9 1/2 and had to exchange them for a pair marked 8 1/2 to get a good fit. Other than that they are great and look very vintage. Cheers!

Isn't that strange. Back when I ordered my saddle shoes they were fine, but I also ordered a pair of Barley Bucks (sounds like a grain coupon) which I was swimming in. Both size 12, but the Bucks were clearly more like a 13. They are both nice, well-made shoes though.

But hard to keep clean.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I found that the J. Crew shoes are roomy inside. They aren't so much as too big, but rather too high, if you are following me. Usually, an insert does the trick. Then, I find, after a few weeks, they seem to shrink down to my feet and I take the inserts out. -Very strange.

All of their shoes are made in Italy and they are a very good quality, since they can be had for less than $100 when they are on sale. ;)

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Take a look at this thread. You can buy genuine 1940s saddle shoes, never worn:

I've seen those, but so far I haven't seen them in a 12 - though I'm not always looking. They seem to top out at about a 9.5 or 10. Let me know if you happen to see a 12.

All of their shoes are made in Italy and they are a very good quality, since they can be had for less than $100 when they are on sale.

I very much agree.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
They're a fine looking saddle shoe, but I think I'm still opting for the Muffy's Saddle shoes in the brown & white. I had just bought a pair in a light tan & suede at Nordstroms. Very comfortable indeed.
_5207516.jpg

The suede part is actually lighter than pictured and pairs quite well with my linen trousers.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally