Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's a cross-zip (or is it a Grizzly?)

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Close your eyes Tony.

s7-1265171_standard

s7-1265171_alternate1

I would attempt it but only after consulting an attorney as this jacket would most certainly lead to a divorce.
I would be lying if I said I didn't love it but would prefer a dark brown uniform hair on hide over the spotted cow.
Either way, if one ever turns up in my size at a relative bargain...I'll have my match.com advert ready and I'll be living in a van, down by the river.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I like it a lot. I daresay a fair few of thee will end up in Tokyo. Back in 2014 when I visited the Aero factory, Murray (head cutter) showed me some B&W hair-on hides they had in - apparently they were sending out a lot of mc style jackets (especially, if memory serves, J106s) to Japan with hair on hide front panels at that point. RRL obviously keep an ear to the ground as to what is shifting where.

For myself, I'd totally wear one of those but for the fact that I don't think they woyuld look that great when, inevitably, the hair starts to wear out.

I would attempt it but only after consulting an attorney as this jacket would most certainly lead to a divorce.
I would be lying if I said I didn't love it but would prefer a dark brown uniform hair on hide over the spotted cow.
Either way, if one ever turns up in my size at a relative bargain...I'll have my match.com advert ready and I'll be living in a van, down by the river.

And it will be worth it.

I like it a lot. I daresay a fair few of thee will end up in Tokyo. Back in 2014 when I visited the Aero factory, Murray (head cutter) showed me some B&W hair-on hides they had in - apparently they were sending out a lot of mc style jackets (especially, if memory serves, J106s) to Japan with hair on hide front panels at that point. RRL obviously keep an ear to the ground as to what is shifting where.

For myself, I'd totally wear one of those but for the fact that I don't think they woyuld look that great when, inevitably, the hair starts to wear out.
I've always wondered about the balding of a jacket with hair on hide. I had a cow skin rug for a time and three dogs and my then terror prone toddler couldn't make those hairs fall out...Maybe b/c it was always backed by the floor and flat, whereas a jacket is much more prone to movement?

Edward

Bartender
I've always wondered about the balding of a jacket with hair on hide. I had a cow skin rug for a time and three dogs and my then terror prone toddler couldn't make those hairs fall out...Maybe b/c it was always backed by the floor and flat, whereas a jacket is much more prone to movement?

I should clarify that my comment isn't based on experience but supposition - maybe these hides are treatred somehow to avoid that?

Woodyear

Familiar Face
I should clarify that my comment isn't based on experience but supposition - maybe these hides are treatred somehow to avoid that?

Of course they are, they're tanned with the hair on the hide, it isn't somehow glued on later. The hair is embedded in the follicle as it is in life. The hairs are no more likely to fall out of the hide from use than are the hairs on your head. Note that the hairs in living tissue regularly shed and are then replaced, whereas that process is permanently frozen in the tanned hide since the hair no longer grows and the follicles have locked the hairs in place. Unless you're using the jacket as a door mat that hair won't budge for many many years, and even if you were it would still take years of foot traffic to wear a bald patch, so no worries buy with confidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe