Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction from a vintage Boot enthusiast from Germany

pillepalle123

New in Town
Hi folks,
I just found this forum and want to introduce myself.

I live in Germany and I am a vintage (military) boot enthusiast and hobby cobbler/ beginner shoemaker.

I own about 40 pairs of boots and 10 pairs of shoes, the earliest being from 1940.
I restore them and wear them, they are not collecting dust in a closet.

Here is a picture I had lying arround of some of my swedish boots I recently acquired before restoration:
wagwagawgagw.jpeg

Lately I got into leather jackets as well and even sell a swedish dispatch leather jacket on the classifieds.
But I have no real collection to show here yet.

Looking forward to being a part in this forum!

^^^^^^
Cool. I appreciate our guys and gals from other lands who take the time and trouble to impart their knowledge and perspectives upon us in English.

I dig the boots. I don’t know much about footwear myself, but I’m looking forward to what you might show us.

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome to the Lounge!
Very cool, all the way around.
It’s a shame that shoes have become so disposable over recent decades.
And I confess that the last time I took a shoe in to have it repaired was probably in the 1980s.

pillepalle123

New in Town
Thanks for the welcome guys!

^^^^^^
Cool. I appreciate our guys and gals from other lands who take the time and trouble to impart their knowledge and perspectives upon us in English.

I dig the boots. I don’t know much about footwear myself, but I’m looking forward to what you might show us.
Vintage boots are suprisingly cheap (and usually high quality) compared to modern heritage boots. Worth getting into if you have the time for another really time consuming hobby.
Speaking of Germans and boots, this is my German immigrant great-grandfather's cobbler's bench.
View attachment 638693
Very cool!
Welcome to the Lounge!
Very cool, all the way around.
It’s a shame that shoes have become so disposable over recent decades.
And I confess that the last time I took a shoe in to have it repaired was probably in the 1980s.
Thanks!
I agree and of course urge you to get shoes that can be repaired, the heritage style (or real vintage) is much cooler anyways ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1