Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

interesting old comic book

green papaya

One Too Many
3.jpg

griffer

Practically Family
Gee, I can't imagine why he would say those things right before he shipped out.

'Cause your sure ain't attractive AND gullible. that would be a fatal combo...

Shearer

Practically Family
Found this a couple days ago

hansi.jpg

Interesting... actually the story of Maria Anne Hirschmann, and as far as I can tell, it's one of a series.

Here is a pdf link to the entire comic.

And, yes, you can buy it through Amazon ;)

Shearer

Practically Family
James Lileks also has a funny series of these on his site called Semper Infidelis (ha!)... maybe where green papaya's pic came from? (If so, you have great taste in reading material ;) )

But anyway, here's the link. If anyone has time to kill by screwing off at work (like I do) it's so worth reading!

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Shearer said:
hansi.jpg

Interesting... actually the story of Maria Anne Hirschmann, and as far as I can tell, it's one of a series.

Here is a pdf link to the entire comic.

And, yes, you can buy it through Amazon ;)

There was just an article in the NYT about some `60s israeli STALAG comic books that were obsessed w/ nazis. They are a bit risque. Theres a documentary coming out.
FULL NYT article
06stalag-600.jpg

Starius

Practically Family
One of my friends picked up 2 copies of Hansi at a flea market for 50 cents a piece. They're worth quite a bit more than that. Great find.

As far as Im aware, Hansi wasn't a series itself, but part of a series of religious comics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82