Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hot Fuzz - Ya got some red on ya

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
The word is that this will do for the police action flick what Shaun did for zombies. It's also a real pleasure to see a bunch of guys as nice as Simon, Nick and Ed doing so well.

Roll on February!

GOK

One Too Many
You have so missed out, my friend. :eek: It's the show that Simon and Nick made together. A lot of the cast of Shaun were in Spaced.

It's basically about a group of chums that live in a boarding house. It sounds terribly unexciting but trust me, if you love Shaun, you will love Spaced. It's the same kind of humour but better. One of the great things is spotting all the movie homages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHh4Ju7kXA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X6r5sxgIEo

A selection of clips from the show.

http://www.spaced-out.org.uk/

The official website.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
GOK said:
So who here is a Spaced fan too?

I might possibly have seen an episode or two. I might even know what an homage-o-meter looks like.

Television by fanboys (and girls) for fanboys (and girls).

For those who haven't the foggiest what we're on about, this might help. You might also find this to be of interest.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
GOK said:
You have so missed out, my friend. :eek: It's the show that Simon and Nick made together. A lot of the cast of Shaun were in Spaced.

Don't forget Ed! Edgar Wright, who directed Shaun, also directed an awful lot of the episodes.

GOK

One Too Many
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]Don't forget Ed! Edgar Wright, who directed Shaun, also directed an awful lot of the episodes.[/QUOTE]

How could anyone forget Mr Wright? :D

So, Doc - Black Books?

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HahahahA! Thanks for that, it looks quite comical. LOVE the name!!!! That's what made me laugh the most.
I had no idea so many of you were into Shaun of the Dead, what a great flick!! Glad to see they're doing more.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
GOK said:
How could anyone forget Mr Wright? :D

So, Doc - Black Books?

Indeed not - the great Mr Edgar Wright Here Wright Now!

Black Books not so much, but more by circumstance. I enjoyed the first couple of seasons, then started missing it when I pretty much gave up watching TV. I should sit down and catch up.

Marc: you're in for a treat.

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
I just watched all the video blogs on the "Hot Fuzz" site, there (really slow day at work). Those were a pretty good teaser. It will be a very enjoyable film, I'm sure.

Curt Chiarelli

One of the Regulars
Oh, this is going to be soooo good! I can't wait to see this! I don't like zombie flicks as a general rule of thumb, but I laughed so hard at Shaun of the Dead that I nearly ruptured several internal organs!

Thanks for posting this link Avalon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust