Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hope our friends at Thurston and all the Firefighters are OK

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I believe you can see the Insurrection shop at one off the pictures, the red hanging sign looked familiar and I checked with Google maps. If I am right, it's literally the building(s) right next to them that blew up. I hope they are alright and no major damages to their shop were caused.

edit;
compare googlemaps to the pictures from the News, it Looks like the yellow building is the one that blew up.
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Th...2!3m1!1s0x549016b5f9fe49ab:0xfa91efa313d9887d

Wow. That's insane. Hopefully nobody seriously injured.

Looks like it happend very early in the AM so hopefully the area was clear of people.

RMF308

One of the Regulars
Yes, that's Intersection's front storefront window and red sign. Hope everything is OK at the shop.

Oh man... That building is leveled! Seems the firefighters are okay so I'm just glad nobody got hurt. And thankfully, the storefront window wasn't facing the building that exploded though yeah, that's way too close for comfort.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Everyone's okay...windows are blasted out...stock is okay and being secured....we'll update later today...

First and foremost... Really glad to hear you guys are ok.

I was in last Saturday trying on the 30's HB and Highwayman in 44 and snapping hangers (with the Vanson PLU-3). Was planning on coming back this Saturday to place an order. Let us know when you're back up and running, and I'll be the first one in line at the door with a fist full of dollars. :))

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for all the concern guys! How often does it happen that half a block explodes!!!??? All the firemen have been released from the hospital and there are no known serious injuries/deaths... Glass and nails are everywhere throughout Greenwood... Tons of windows are blown out...

First and foremost... Really glad to hear you guys are ok.

I was in last Saturday trying on the 30's HB and Highwayman in 44 and snapping hangers (with the Vanson PLU-3). Was planning on coming back this Saturday to place an order. Let us know when you're back up and running, and I'll be the first one in line at the door with a fist full of dollars. :))

Thanks for your concern! At least we still have our building...We feel really bad for the bike shop, Mr. Gyros, Neptune, and the convenience store...the latter three are completely destroyed.

It's looking like we'll need about 2 weeks to clean the shop up and get windows replaced. We're pretty sure that the majority of our stock is okay...it's a good thing that leather jackets are durable! If you'd like to get going right away, email us and we can take payment via Paypal. We'll write up your order and run it by you via email for approval. If you need to try on a jacket, we can ship you a fit jacket. You can learn about our fit jacket process here:

http://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

If you're good with waiting until we're open again, that will work too... I must say, Greenwood is totally different compared to yesterday...you aren't going to recognize it anymore...

Again, thanks to all for your concerns!

Wow, that's a crazy thing. So happy nobody is hurt beyond the injuries which all sound minimal.
I recall for a year after the Northridge quake, we got flat tires about once a week and I think some of the car tires had a dozen plugs in them. Good luck getting things back in order.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Carrie sure glad to hear that majority of injuries are already taken care of by the firefighters and those involved. I agree it's truley incredible to think about how much damage did occur there. Have just been there last November I know the layout of the neighborhood and it's all pretty close-in there. Do hope you all can get things back to "normal" however as you indicate I would suspect it's going to be different overall after this incident. Sure glad you all are ok and will be able to get back on your feet, and hope your neighbors can do the same too.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
It's looking like we'll need about 2 weeks to clean the shop up and get windows replaced. We're pretty sure that the majority of our stock is okay...it's a good thing that leather jackets are durable! If you'd like to get going right away, email us and we can take payment via Paypal. We'll write up your order and run it by you via email for approval. If you need to try on a jacket, we can ship you a fit jacket. You can learn about our fit jacket process here:

Thanks, Carrie. I may just start the email process to get the ball rolling. I know the Aero 1930's HB in 44 fit just about perfect with the MC club sweater I was wearing, but may ask to have it sent to me as a fit jacket just to make sure. But we'll work the details out via email.

This was the jacket I had tried on and liked the fit.
DC5241BD-B8CD-48C1-862D-CE418A6DCD66_zpsjbbzh76t.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks, Carrie. I may just start the email process to get the ball rolling. I know the Aero 1930's HB in 44 fit just about perfect with the MC club sweater I was wearing, but may ask to have it sent to me as a fit jacket just to make sure. But we'll work the details out via email.

This was the jacket I had tried on and liked the fit.
DC5241BD-B8CD-48C1-862D-CE418A6DCD66_zpsjbbzh76t.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

Sounds good Chris...email us at info@thurston-bros.com

We'll get ya going on this...the 44s looked really good on you...

devilish

A-List Customer
Adding my voice to the chorus of glad everyone is ok. Hope all the neighbors who were more directly effected can get their lives back on track. Good luck getting Insurrection back in one piece.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe