Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

RossRYoung

Practically Family
From yesterday, I swear I haven’t started drinking yet today. I don’t think I’ve ever identified more with a pint glass though… love it

IMG_9310.jpeg IMG_9309.jpeg

RickP

Practically Family
I remember several years ago I was In Alberquerque at the old La Posada hotel (where Nicky Hilton and Elizabeth Taylor honeymooned) While my ex was at her business meetings, I attended a single malt scotch tasting (despite going on for what seemed like hours, I actually DO remember most of it lol). Think I was wearing my old brown Moose River at the time

Today July 24th is National Tequila day. Opening my last bottle from the 2020 La Loma agave harvest of Tequila Ocho Plata. So good, sold out, I will be sipping this one sparingly. With my 1930’s Stetson Navadan No. 1Q.

IMG_0803.jpeg

IMG_0805.jpeg

IMG_0804.jpeg

Agave prices have fallen recently & tequila prices have begun to reflect that. It’s a good time to build some premium stock in your cabinet.

IMG_6328.jpeg

From a bartenders book: Cookies & Cream Milkshake

IMG_0807.jpeg

IMG_0806.jpeg

I didn’t have any Oreo cookies or whipped cream. So I used a small shaker instead of a blender. Don’t shake until it’s too thin. If so just add more ice cream. I used a Tom Collin’s glass. Would be good with coffee flavored Irish Cream. With my Peters Bros Shady Oak Bankers Special 7X Seventy-five.

IMG_6340.jpeg

• 3 oz Irish Cream Liqueur
  • 2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
  • 6 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies

From a bartenders book: Cookies & Cream Milkshake

View attachment 629136
View attachment 629137
I didn’t have any Oreo cookies or whipped cream. So I used a small shaker instead of a blender. Don’t shake until it’s too thin. If so just add more ice cream. I used a Tom Collin’s glass. Would be good with coffee flavored Irish Cream. With my Peters Bros Shady Oak Bankers Special 7X Seventy-five.

View attachment 629135

• 3 oz Irish Cream Liqueur
  • 2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
  • 6 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
That sounds good.

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
Celebrating midsummer Christmas over here in Japan…not Japan, this is a purely Shoe household tradition.
We started with Minoh Beer, an excellent Stout for me and a Pilsner for Etsuko.
IMG_2445.jpeg

The presents? Arran Sherry Cask and Arran Quarter Cask for Etsuko. Balvenie DoubleWood and (my favourite) Lagavulin 16 for me.
IMG_2448.jpeg

The hat? A Sunbody Teardrop with the leather hatband replaced with a pug.
IMG_2449.jpeg

We drank some Arran Sherry cask and some Balvenie from bottles we already had open.
A bottle of tequila also arrived today. Not one I know anything about, but I liked the look of the bottle, it had a good rating on Amazon, the price was right, and we have to be ready for the lime season.
IMG_2451.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. This past week I enjoyed some beers.

From top left to right. A Guinness Stout is a dry beer that works in the heat, Surley Supreme with Pho and Spring rolls (first time making the rolls), cold brew (Volcanica Costa Rica and organic half and half), Founders All Day IPA, Bent Paddle Kanua, Omni Legacy Pilsner and Founders All Day IPA Grapefruit.

i-NHsVDfq-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
No hat pic, but I was in the Sunbody again.
We cracked open the Yamazaki today.
IMG_2470.jpeg

Pleasant enough. Flowery, honey-like sweetness.
IMG_2475.jpeg

We got this in a whisky lottery for ¥6000, well under the full price. Not really my style. I certainly wouldn’t pay over ¥10,000, a similar price to Lagavulin 16. Again, it’s nice, but I prefer the Bushmills 10YO single malt that we followed it up with. It set us back about ¥4600.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeckinHell