Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat store in Los Angeles?

gilgongo

New in Town
Hi,
Does anyone know of a hatter or a store I could get a fedora in the Los Angeles (or Ventura) area?
(I know most of the online places... I'm looking to try them on in person)

Thanks!

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
There's Hollywood Hatters on Melrose. http://www.hollywoodhatters.com/ They have a pretty good selection and you can hagle with Sal, the owner, over price. He'll usually cut you a break if you try.

There's also a place in Pasadena whose name escapes me. They have a good selection, but they're not very much hat people, so to speak.

Good luck.

art92101

One of the Regulars
Hat City In Pasadena

Hat City is on Colorado 1 or 2 doors east of Los Robles. Its been years since I have been there but they did have a large selection of less expensive hats. I saw they were still operating when I drove by on Xmas eve 2006. I bought a Chi Chi Rodriguez special under their brand. At the time the owners were Chinese and had limited English language skills but were kind enough to give me a discount when i haggled for a better price. I would not make a special trip to visit but if you are visiting Pasadena i would recommend a visit if you are looking for a first timer or less expensive alternative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally