Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cuts

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
FOR YOU GUYS - WHOM I KNOW ARE INTERESTED IN VINTAGE HAIRCUTS:

:eusa_clap

We've got a lot going on over on our facebook page for the Waldorf barbershop. Hit the "become a fan" button and leave a post saying you're from the Lounge, I'd love to say "hi".

:)

McFarlaneNYC

Familiar Face
fallbackdown82 said:
Any questions you have, I would be honored to do what I can to help. I have a great interest in vintage style haircuts as well, and I am trying to find more photos, articles etc as well. I plan on more or less specializing on the traditional and vintage aspects of barbering. The article you are referencing from is fairly accurate, maybe a little out of date, but has most of the basics. If you have any questions or want feedback or input, like I said I would be honored to help. I like your article on the period foods. I used to re-enact mountainman rendezvous and black powder shoot when I was a kid. I understand your passion!

I will be sure to collect on that. Thanks for your help

sproily

Practically Family
I think this gentleman has a very nice style

stylishz.jpg

Annixter

Practically Family
happyfilmluvguy said:
here's my hair style.

hair1.jpg

I didn't see this question raised in the thread, so I apologize if I'm redundant: How do you get the top to wave like that. I've been thinking about trying it, but I don't know how?

sproily

Practically Family
Nick D said:
This looks like an Arrow collar advertisement, but with slightly less sharp facial features.

It's from a 30's finnish catalog. Some really great shots in that one.

Just check her out! It's from the same catalog.

ritva.jpg

theinterchange said:
Sproily, I think your hair's pretty killer looking. :cool: Do you have any side/back views, I'd be interested in seeing them.

Randy

Hey, Thanks! I don't have any handy, but I'll take some next time.

They don't look half as nice normally though :)

habberdasher

A-List Customer
Annixter said:
I didn't see this question raised in the thread, so I apologize if I'm redundant: How do you get the top to wave like that. I've been thinking about trying it, but I don't know how?
You have to have wavy or curly hair, that's how I have mine. Do you have straight hair?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Annixter said:
How do you get the top to wave like that. I've been thinking about trying it, but I don't know how?

You'd have to have naturally wavy hair in the first place -- unless you're willing to use an electrical device to give yourself an artificial wave. Seth Shulman (whose photo you showed) is very wavy-haired. So was James Cagney.

habberdasher

A-List Customer
Marc Chevalier said:
I believe that Seth uses a thick pomade to "train" his wavy hair into that marcel.

A thick pomade turns my curly hair into poofy straight hair; I think a light pomade with hold that doesn't turn the hair straight (RC, for example) is what would work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe