Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grey top hat

donCarlos

Practically Family
I found a grey felt top hat for 30 dollars at one thrift store today. Can it be worth the money? I can´t imagine any usage (not even improper one). Maybe combining it with the goggles that lied next to it and creating a steampunk monster :) Please, help me with deciding and think of some usage.

It´s this one

102922.jpg

Slouch-Hat

Familiar Face
What size is it? Top hats are some of my favorites. Aside from being great additions to (or inspiration for) costumes, they actually make it into my everyday wear. You'd be surprised at the compliments I get when I wear a top hat with a cool motorcycle jacket or to a fancy-dress occasion. Thirty dollars is a steal, even for a wool felt top hat. Did you want to part with it? I'd love to add a grey top hat to my collection. It wouldn't happen to be a 7 3/4 in size, now, would it?

Slouch-Hat...

donCarlos

Practically Family
I think it was 7 1/4, it fitted me quite well. I´ll have to go there once more and see it more thouroughly.
btw, no wool felt, it´s regular felt. Not silk as regular top hat, but still...

Feraud

Bartender
DanielJones said:
That hat will go perfectly with a Morning Suit.

Unless he already has a morning suit, he will have to purchase one. And then there is the occasion to actually wear this outfit..

A top hat is a hard sell.

donCarlos

Practically Family
OK, I´ll leave my steampunk image behind and leave this one to one friend of mine... As I thought - there is no use for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe