Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greetings...

Bammac

New in Town
Gentleman, (and, as I have just recently noticed, Ladies)

I have been lurking for quite some time, and thought I would at last say hello.
Reading your posts on vintage hats has brought back memories of my childhood in the S.F. Bay Area.

My mother, a native New Yorker, used to be addicted to Garage Sales and shopping second hand stores (this would be about '66 to '69). Whenever she came across a fedora she would force it onto me and make me wear it as long as we were there, because it brought back memories for her. She would try to convince me to allow her to purchase it for me, and I would sullenly and firmly refuse.

Seeing the hats in this forum, and what is offered on the Bay, I now realize I turned down a sizable fortune in what were likely some of the best quality hats I will ever see again.

It's enough to make me weep.

Pleased to make your aquaintance,
Bam

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Bam,

Welcome aboard! I too lament the loss of many treasures: my great-grandfather's silk top hat, his bow ties, his original Aloha shirts. As well, some of MY hats that I have parted with - knowingly and unwittingly - along the way. But such is life...

One of the nice things about this board is its ability to bring back said memories, usually of a pleasant nature! Stick around, it's a nice journey.

Lucky

Bammac

New in Town
Thank You...

...and, yes, I have begun my hat collecting. I have seen a few hats in here taken from me by wiser bidders. I have tried putting my head in a vice all night as well, to get down to a size that would allow me to purchase hats in my price range. (It doesnt work). I have taken a few good hats, in my clumsy and bludgening bidding style...but,oh....what might have been....

Bam

carter

I'll Lock Up
:D
Bammac said:
Gentleman, (and, as I have just recently noticed, Ladies)

Welcome. Pull up a chair and stay awhile. :)

I have been lurking for quite some time, and thought I would at last say hello.

You may never lurk again. ;)

Reading your posts on vintage hats has brought back memories of my childhood in the S.F. Bay Area.

A veritable hotbed of loungers. :D

My mother, a native New Yorker, used to be addicted to Garage Sales and shopping second hand stores (this would be about '66 to '69).

She'd be in good company here!

Whenever she came across a fedora she would force it onto me and make me wear it as long as we were there, because it brought back memories for her.

They must have been very pleasant memories for her as they are for many on this forum.

She would try to convince me to allow her to purchase it for me, and I would sullenly and firmly refuse.

A wise and charitable woman and a stubborn child.
I'm certain some of us can identify with that.

Seeing the hats in this forum, and what is offered on the Bay, I now realize I turned down a sizable fortune in what were likely some of the best quality hats I will ever see again.

It's enough to make me weep.

Missed opportunities, certainly, but fortune may smile on you yet. :)

Pleased to make your aquaintance,
Bam

Pleased to meet you as well. :fedora:

Bammac

New in Town
Thanks again,

...for the hospitality. I just managed to snag what looks to be a VERY nice
Adam fedora off of OFAS...hope I didnt step on any toes, but that kind of gray is a favorite of mine!

Bam

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Bammac said:
...for the hospitality. I just managed to snag what looks to be a VERY nice
Adam fedora off of OFAS...hope I didnt step on any toes, but that kind of gray is a favorite of mine!

Bam

Do post some pictures when you get it; we never get tired of looking at hats here! :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally