Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goldtop 1958 Armored Leather Jacket (Black, Size 36)

mumenrider

New in Town
Selling a beautiful and unused Goldtop 1958 Armored leather jacket (purchased from Urban Rider in the UK) because I'm a cafe racer guy. However, I must say that this is probably the nicest leather jacket that I own: the leather is incredibly soft and supple, and the jacket is very comfortable/warm, because of the padded liner. I hope the quality of the leather shows through in the photos, it's way better than the Schott that I own- and it was like that out of the box.

A couple of things to keep in mind: one, I believe this is made in India or Pakistan, although it doesn't say anywhere. So if you want made in the US or UK, this isn't it. With that said, the stitching in the liner is sloppy in a couple of places, the main area being in the arm hole of the left sleeve, right below the armor pouch (see picture #9). There was a loose thread there when I bought it, and since I was afraid it would continue to unravel, I cut it off and burned the end. It seems stable now. This seems to be a problem with Goldtop, as I had another jacket from them that had much sloppier stitching overall. I think I lucked out with this jacket, however, as besides that one stitch and another in the right arm opening (which is a non-issue, see picture #10), it is very well made.

Number two, even though this jacket fits me almost perfectly (I am usually a Size 36), because of the padded liner, it is too tight to add another layer underneath, even a thin sweater. So perhaps this would be a great jacket for someone who usually wears a Size 34 if you want to layer with it, and if you want to use it for riding with the armor.

Here are the measurements (see photos for P2P, shoulders, and sleeve measurement references):
P2P: 20.5"
Shoulders: 18"
Sleeves: 24" (over the top)
Waist: 19"
Bottom hem: 18"
Length: 24.5" (base of collar to hem)

Also, the jacket came with shoulder and elbow armor, which is included (if you want it).

Price: $425 (OBO), includes shipping via UPS to CONUS

Attachments

• IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Nick Denver

New in Town
Great looking jacket! The few posts on FL seem to be favorable toward this the Goldtop. This is too small for me but I am considering the 1959 at some point, perfect style and price for what I am looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1