Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going Casual

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
It was a lazy Sunday on a cool 75 deg weather with slight drizzle. People were jogging in the rain on Riverside strip enjoying the cool breeze (a nice break from the previous heatwave). So I decided to dress casual for church in my dark blue shirt and khaki shorts with a pair of topsider shoes.

It's been a while since I felt casual on Sundays and the same people who used to see me dressed up with my fedora now looked at me with surprise. Oh well, I just didn't like dresing up in the rain and getting my fedora wet. :)

Brooksie

One Too Many
I have been very casual this past week, I have been off work this entire time and I have been getting moved into my new little rental house. I just moved from a very small town on the Oregon Coast to Portland - my home town. I have been in jeans and t's pretty much the whole time except a couple of times when we went out to eat for a nice meal.

LB

Pilgrim

One Too Many
When it's in the mid-90's (which it has been for much of the past six weeks), the last thing you're going to find me wearing is a tie and felt hat, unless an occasion absolutely forces me to wear them.

My Panama is getting a real workout this summer (when it's over 80, it's Panama time), and I've been wearing golf shirts or short-sleeve sports shirts. Working at a University as I do, summer is the perfect time for this mode of dress. I only draw the line at wearing shorts to work. "Not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent."

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey no matter how ardent a fan of looking like you just fell off the 1939 turnip truck it just doesn't make sense 100% of the time. It's akin to comics. They are not "on" all the time. They aren't cracking funny every minute. They decompress and are "regular" when not on stage.

Rooster

Practically Family
I don't think I'd do shorts to church. Alot of guys do. Usually it's just me and the preacher in suits.

Edward

Bartender
I don't do shorts ever. Actually, just last weekend I bought the first pair of shorts I've owned for well over ten years - for swimwear. (Not owned any of that for years on end either). I much prefer to be covered up - long both on the legs and on the sleeves. The only parts of me that get exposed to the sun are the face and hands (and not even those if it's avoidable). lol

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Rooster said:
I don't think I'd do shorts to church.
I can't do it either. I'd be too nervous expecting either a bolt of lightning or a whack of a nun's ruler. [huh]

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
If you look at my avitar...

...you see one of my typical summer looks. Its rarely hot enough do drive me to shirtsleeves. That usually takes 100 degrees, and I have to be spending a fair amout of time outside.

jgilbert

One of the Regulars
Here in Louisville we have had 23 day straight of +90's days.
I have not worn a dress shirt since late July. The polo's have gotten quite a work out. And while at home after work it has been shorts and a T-shirt.

Fall is just around the corner so in the next couple of weeks or at the latest 10.01 it will be time to pack the the warm weather wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe