Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GET TOUGH! 1942 hand combat comic booklet by Captain W.E. Fairbairn

Corky

Practically Family
GET TOUGH! 1942 hand combat comic booklet by Captain W.E. Fairbairn

William Ewart Fairbairn (28 February 1885–20 June 1960) was a British soldier, police officer and exponent of hand-to-hand combat method, the close combat, for the Shanghai Police between the world wars, and allied special forces in World War II. He developed his own fighting system known as Defendu, as well as other weapons tactics. Notably, this included innovative pistol shooting techniques and the development of the Fairbairn-Sykes Fighting Knife.

Last edited:

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Oh my! What a charming document.

I love the disaming of an opponent with his pistol section. There are certainly no issues with kneeing in the testicles, it's in nearly every section

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
US-Fallschirmjaeger-mit-Garand-px800.jpg

Which prompts the question why Mellish didn't fix his bayonet to his M1 as soon as he knew he was out of ammo?
He could have had the jump on the kraut as soon as he appeared in the doorway and changed his own fate. This
is a question that has haunted my since the premiere of 'Saving Private Ryan' in 1998.

[video=youtube;g1I4P3umnzk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1I4P3umnzk[/video]

-dixon cannon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe