Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

Again nice haul! The 1950 Mayser Supra Homburg is really fantastic! The bow work is especially Supra! Also the oldest documented soft felt Mayser I have encountered.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Steve, thank you very much , specially for your congratulation on my grandson. I appreciate them.

The Mayser size tag shows 58. But he fits my small head. Its a maximum 57.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
New Ebay catch. P&C Habig Wien in mid gray. The paper Label shows the Date 1956.
Condition is very good.

pchabig3.jpg

pchabig2.jpg

pchabig1.jpg

pchabig.jpg

pchabig4.jpg

pchabig5.jpg

pchabig6.jpg

P. & C. Habig Wien made very high quality hats. I wish I could find a pre 1940 soft felt in my size. The pre 1940 P. & C. Habig Wiens I have are a stiff hats.

I actually just bought a pre 1940 P. & C. Habig Wien Velour on a tip from Josh. It is not my size and is missing the ribbon and liner but I just had to take a look at it.

il_fullxfull.308861144.jpg

il_fullxfull.308861228.jpg

il_fullxfull.308861554.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I'm so glad that you got that one, Steve! I saw it on etsy for a while and got worried, but then checked today and saw that it was sold. I'm really curious to see if their are any date stamps or factory tags under the sweat. It should be beautiful once a ribbon it put on it!

I made an offer on it and the seller accepted. I had the seller send a photo of the paper label. Unfortunately I can't see all the numbers and the format is different than what I have seen. It's definitely pre 1940.

6882266443_1169852531_z.jpg

Last edited:
Dieter, It does have that look to it. I am interested to see what looks like after a steam and brush. Also how it compares to Austrian Velours of a similar vintage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken