Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G-1 55J14 Identification help…

Woozypete

New in Town
Hey friends,

Recently came across this A. Pritzker & Sons 55J14 flight jacket. Does anyone have a guess as to what year it’s from? Have received conflicting info.

Wanted to post on Vintage Leather Jacket forum, but my membership has yet to be approved.

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_4666.jpeg
    IMG_4666.jpeg
    433.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4667.jpeg
    IMG_4667.jpeg
    552.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4668.jpeg
    IMG_4668.jpeg
    427.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4669.jpeg
    IMG_4669.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4670.jpeg
    IMG_4670.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 14

Peacoat

Bartender
We have multiple posters come here wanting information on their jackets. It's their first post and sometimes their only post. For years our members would invest their time into doing some research, based on their knowledge of the jacket, and post the information.

If lucky, that member would get a brief thank you, and the new member would never be heard from again. Next we would hear of him would be the jacket was for sale on eBay using the information he gained from this site.

In the past years, most of our members grew weary of providing information to others who only used the info to sell their jackets.

I know this manufacturer and the approximate date of the origianal contract. But, and this is a big but, I also know that Buzz Rickson did a copy of this jacket, using this exact label.

So, without handling the jacket, I am reluctant to give any information about the original contract date for fear that your jacket may be a Japanese copy and not the original. The original being more valuable than the copy.

So, these are two reasons why you haven't gotten any answers to your question.

The guys at VLJ are a good lot; maybe one of them won't be as jaded as our members have become.

Woozypete

New in Town
I appreciate the reply. I was hesitant to post for the reasons you mentioned. That said, I appreciate the insight.

Are you familiar with some of the common differences between the Buzz Rickson knock-off and an authentic flight jacket?

We have multiple posters come here wanting information on their jackets. It's their first post and sometimes their only post. For years our members would invest their time into doing some research, based on their knowledge of the jacket, and post the information.

If lucky, that member would get a brief thank you, and the new member would never be heard from again. Next we would hear of him would be the jacket was for sale on eBay using the information he gained from this site.

In the past years, most of our members grew weary of providing information to others who only used the info to sell their jackets.

I know this manufacturer and the approximate date of the origianal contract. But, and this is a big but, I also know that Buzz Rickson did a copy of this jacket, using this exact label.

So, without handling the jacket, I am reluctant to give any information about the original contract date for fear that your jacket may be a Japanese copy and not the original. The original being more valuable than the copy.

So, these are two reasons why you haven't gotten any answers to your question.

The guys at VLJ are a good lot; maybe one of them won't be as jaded as our members have become.

Woozypete

New in Town
Thought it might also be worth mentioning that I scooped this in Fort Worth, in close proximity to Lockheed Martin. While naturally I’m aware that this doesn’t necessarily mean that the jacket is authentic, I thought it might boost the probability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007