Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS Vintage WWII Schott Peacoat size 44R

thesweetness

New in Town
Up for sale is my vintage world war 2 military issue peacoat originally made by schott of NYC. I just picked it up on eBay but turn out I need a 44L, which is a bummer because this is just such a nice coat. It really reminds that they don't make them like they used to. High quality, 100% wool with quilted lining. It has a little wear as it was worn a lot and is 70 years old. One armpit lining is a little worn through but it's solid, and one seem in a pocket needs to be re sewn.

The original owner just passed in August, and the woman I bought it from (whom I'm guessing was either the wife or daughter of the original owner) said the owner was on a transport ship that transported tanks to the Philippines. Lots of history in these sleeves!

This is my first post but I have a lot of experience buying and selling online, with 100% eBay feedback under my name mchandler84. Deal in confidence!

$115 OBO shipped and paypalled! I will trade for a 44L or 46L coat!

Last edited:

thesweetness

New in Town
I'm afraid that's a lot newer than WWII.

I respectfully disagree. But what makes you think that?

Everything to me seems consistent with the era, and schott did make military issued pea coats and haven't had a military contract since the war. This coat is clearly very old when you examine it. It's just like this other one on eBay, http://bit.ly/17KCsUF , particularly the tag, the leather band over the tag (I'll post a pic of mine) and the woven linen type pocket material. Not to mention the story behind it.

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The cut, button stance, quilted nylon lining, style of tag used, and pocket material all say 1960s or newer. It is a fashion coat, not a military issue one. The cut and detailing of both WWII and post-war coats are entirely different than this. The same is true for the other Schott at that auction link.

Here's a full guide to dating Navy issued peacoats: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...uide-to-Dating-the-United-States-Navy-Peacoat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe