Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Lost Worlds Navy Pea Coat sz 44

pgoat

One Too Many
I might be interested in this one - I had planned to get a brown one from them for some time now....

Is ths lighter thinner leather than the heavy horsehide pictured here: http://lostworldsinc.com/Horsehide_Leather_Pea_Coat.htm ?

Can you give me some exact measaurements in mm?

-armpit to armpit across chest (Coat buttoned & laid flat)
-seam to seam at top of shoulders
-length along center of back, collar to hem.
-length of sleeves.

any problems or issues? (rips, scuffs, stains, smells, loose threads or seams, etc)

lined?

thanks!

bobtschooges

New in Town
Lost Worlds Pea Coat

It is the thinner horsehide. The best hide I have in my collection, IMHO.
Lining is perfect. It is lined in old school Rayon, no longer available according to my memory. No funny smells. I don't smoke and am a clean individual.
Jacket is just perfect-no faults. Buttons are still tough to get through the button holes in fact. Leather is getting amazing grain! I find it too small for me due a recent gain in weight.

Armpit to armpit is 54mm.
Length down the back is 82mm from the bottom of the collar to the bottom of the hem.
Sleevelength is 83mm from the top seam to end of sleeve.
Shoulder to shoulder across the back is 49mm.

Thanks for asking! I hope this helps. Let me know, Bobt

pgoat

One Too Many
Thanks Bob

That might be too snug on me - I am going to check some of my other coats and I will get back to you either way in the next day or so.

bobtschooges

New in Town
Lost Worlds Pea Coat size 44

Thanks for the quick reply. For reference, I am 6'1" and approx. 220 lbs. I have an avg. build (not a weightlifter or beer belly). It fit me great when I was 205 lbs. last year. It is meant to be a period trim fit and looks very sharp as such. I wear a 46 in Eastman A2 1401. If that is a help....Thanks again, BobT

pgoat

One Too Many
HI again.

I measured a few of my peas and car coats and while the shoulders would be a snug fit I think the chest will just be too small on me. I also just remembered the conversation I had with someone at LH a while ago - from their website sizing description, I figured I needed the 44 but when I spoke with them they were adamant I should get the 46.:(

But I appreciate your providing the measurements. Hopefully someone else here will snatch it up - if not you should have no trouble getting that reserve on Ebay. Good luck and thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007