Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FREE Deco-Era Vintage Celluloid Vanity Pieces

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Up for grabs, one piece of Deco-Era Vanity Celluloid as shown. I have not attempted to clean these pieces. No resellers please. I am giving this item away to Loungers for your own use from my personal collection.

celluloid1.JPG
celluloid2.JPG

Anyone can obtain one of the Deco-Era Vintage Celluloid Vanity Pieces and here's how:

If you have volunteered in the last month for a person or group of persons who were born circa 1920-1950 and are NOT related to you, just put down what you did and you get your pick of the celluloid pieces shown.

Some samples would be:
  • You volunteered at church
  • You volunteered at an old age home
  • You volunteered at Elderhostel, teaching a class
  • You shoveled snow off your neighbor's driveway for no charge
  • Etc.

If there are no entries by October 7, I will be donating these to charity.

Good luck!
Vintage Betty

Kishtu

Practically Family
No, not me again!

Just popping my head up to say that my best friend, in the world, ever, is a pensionable-age Orthodox Jewish lady who lives on a moshav in Israel.

And she's lovely,lovely, lovely, and she's not been very well lately (she's a wheelchair user) so if anyone can think of anything that I can send to cheer her up apart from the snoods that I am on with making and a coupla pairs of those furry socks, I would be most grateful for ideas. (Apart from Daniel Craig gift-wrapped, which would please her mightily lol)

I have thought about inviting her to the Lounge as she has a lot of old photos to share and memories of the Jewish community in London in the 50s, but she'd probably call me a cheeky b**** for suggesting that she was "vintage" lol

Vintage Betty

I'm a bit surprised - I thought someone out there would like to try their hand at cleaning vintage celluloid without worrying about ruining an item.

Ok, this goes to charity.

VB

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I don't know if this is too late, but at Teaseorama I was honored to be Dixie Evan's assistant for the Saturday night show. We picked her up for dinner, brought her to the show and then I made sure she was taken care of the entire night, helping her change into costume, getting her seated, getting her drinks, ect. As a Burlesque dancer, this is such an honour to be helping this wonderful 81 year old Burlesque legend.

Vintage Betty

LolitaHaze said:
I don't know if this is too late, but at Teaseorama I was honored to be Dixie Evan's assistant for the Saturday night show. We picked her up for dinner, brought her to the show and then I made sure she was taken care of the entire night, helping her change into costume, getting her seated, getting her drinks, ect. As a Burlesque dancer, this is such an honour to be helping this wonderful 81 year old Burlesque legend.

Sorry, I just saw this reply.

Yes, I still have these. Ms. Haze, if you want these, they are yours. Please PM me your address.

VB

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Betty... Thank you!! I recieved these in the mail the other day and I just think you are wonderful for doing these contests and give-a-ways. Talk about community spirit! Thanks again!

Vintage Betty

LolitaHaze said:
Vintage Betty... Oops. I am a bit late on this, but thank you so much! I really appreciate it. :)

My pleasure!
It's always nice to know that my stuff is going to a home where it is appreciated.
Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007