Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Found The Era 1918-1919 to my liking

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I hope these illustrate several things, how a hat style from a previous generation, hats of the 1890 to 1900 era, can influence the next, and how the hats depicted here compliment the look which I think looks great and gives a fair representation of a look that would be fun and challenging to reproduce. Here they are. Note the hats and bashes. Look familiar?

13.jpg

12.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

05.jpg

04.jpg

11.jpg

What do you think? Stylish?

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Joel, I knew I had seen something like this somewhere in the Lounge but I forgot where it was! Thanks! I wish someone would post more pics of that period, and their own collections of hats of that period. I'm going to pursue collecting fedoras of that period, or try to acquire and modify to period standards, like the other thread shows. Those flat topped types in the catalog illustrations are interesting. Anyone know much about them or have some images they could post? Thanks again, Joel!

mikepara

Practically Family
Yeah..

There are a few of us with more than a passing interest in this period.

By the way I just copied all your pics ...hope you don't mind..too much:rolleyes:

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Styles 50 and 54 are awesome! Great hats with nicely styled suits. A look I would wear for sure. I love seeing these old ads, thanks for posting them. Now if only history would repeat itself and they come back into fashion.

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
mikepara said:
There are a few of us with more than a passing interest in this period.:

I have to second that. Thanks for sharing the pictures Deanglen, now I will have to spend some more money:p Styles 52,54,45 wow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally