Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale/Trade - Cirrus sheepskin jacket - Irvin style

Naphtali

Practically Family
I just bought an immaculate dark brown Cirrus sheepskin jacket off eBay. It is RAF Irvin style - that is, it has slash hand warmer pockets that accurate Irvin reproductions do not. The jacket is identified as "medium." I wear a size 40 regular sport coat. This jacket is too small for me. It will be an excellent fit for those who wear size 38 regular jackets and, perhaps, as small as 36 regular. I have my eBay seller's permission to use his photographs in my visual description.

I want what I paid for the jacket. Price shipped in North America is $360. To ship elsewhere, we must identify any additional shipping cost.

I will also trade for a comparable Irvin-style jacket, B-3 jacket with horsehide sleeve facings, or ANJ-4 in size 40. Possible trades need be discussed to maintain comparable values.

CirrusIrvin-4.jpg

CirrusIrvin-1.jpg

CirrusIrvin-5.jpg

CirrusIrvin-6.jpg

CirrusIrvin-3.jpg

CirrusIrvin-7.jpg

CirrusIrvin-2.jpg

Mark

Practically Family
Hi, i maybe interested in your jacket. I am seriousley considering buying one from Cirrus (the "Original). My only concern with yours is the size, i am a 36 slim build chap. If you think it maybe ok for me could you email me some measurements and photos. markandrewhenry@yahoo.com

Many thanks
Mark

Naphtali

Practically Family
Hi, i maybe interested in your jacket. I am seriousley considering buying one from Cirrus (the "Original). My only concern with yours is the size, i am a 36 slim build chap. If you think it maybe ok for me could you email me some measurements and photos. markandrewhenry@yahoo.com

Many thanks
Mark
Mark:

The jacket has been sold. For your reference, Cirrus' Irvin-style sheepskin jacket as I describe its size - unless Cirrus has altered their pattern - will fit you well, albeit slightly loosely. It was an excellent fit for a size 38 of your body build.

The facet of fit you should be most concerned with getting "right" is across the back at the shoulders. Perhaps the most meaningful way of measuring would be: Hold your elbows at shoulder height, forearms horizontal; touch them together (which is on top is irrelevant); have someone measure length between centers of shoulder BLADES at armpit level. This number should be larger than the same area when measured with arms at sides.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Practically Family
hi, many thanks for your reply, very useful as i have just received Cirrus's measurement form to fill in. They are currently doing a special on their "Original" flight jacket (£475) still pricy but better than the usual price of £580.

Thanks again

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82