Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flea market find: 1st Cavalry Div. 1950

green papaya

One Too Many
d45b1611.jpg

I bought this old piece at a junk store for $1.00

it measures 9x11" with a metal loop on the back for mounting on the wall and it's made of wood with two soldiers , one is a military policeman wearing summer uniform and the other is an artillery officer in winter uniform.

1st Cavalry Division 1950

Michaelson

One Too Many
Is it the cav. that is called the 'Queen' of the battlefield, and artillery the 'King' of the battlefield? It's been to long. I can't remember.:rolleyes:

Regards! Michaelson

shamus

Suspended
Growing up my neighboor was in the Cav in WWII and told me some great stories.... I believe that was the last actual use of horses with the military.

Story

I'll Lock Up
Michaelson said:
Is it the cav. that is called the 'Queen' of the battlefield, and artillery the 'King' of the battlefield? It's been to long. I can't remember.:rolleyes:

Regards! Michaelson

Gah, heretic. Infantry is the Queen of battle. Cavalry is an entirely different world.

shamus said:
Growing up my neighboor was in the Cav in WWII and told me some great stories.... I believe that was the last actual use of horses with the military.

The last US mounted horse action was in early 1942, when the 26th Cavalry (Philippine Scouts) charged advancing Japanese forces. While not portraying that event, you can get a sense of the desperate times from the 1943 MGM propaganda film BATAAN.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0792841654/102-2701180-9945708?v=glance&n=130

Michaelson

One Too Many
Story said:
Gah, heretic. Infantry is the Queen of battle. Cavalry is an entirely different world.

Heretic??:mad: Please re-read my post. As I plainly stated, I was ASKING what it was, as I could not remember the exact saying. Thank you for clearing that up.

Michaelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken