Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fitbits, garmins, etc.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Daughter got a fitbit and she and her husband are into healthy eating. i want to get better and am thinking of getting a Fitbit. Dont know a darn thing about them. Tracking sleep might be good, since if there is a problem there, I can see a doctor about it. They have some Misfits that are about $25 and then lower price points on the Fitbit. I dont need to control music and answer calls, but heart rate and I guess calories burned would be good. Anyone got suggestions and experience stories?

I was looking at the Fitbit Flex and there are complaints about the band, how it fits, tearing up, and dropping out the inner disk that is the computer so to speak. Upgrade to that is the Flex. I like that it looks more like a rubber bracelet than a watch, but the band is complained of. It does not track stairs. Not much cheaper than the Fitbit Charge. So I am looking at a Charge or the Charge with HR.

I dont know what caused me to lose 15 lbs with this knee. It has been 6 weeks post surgery and the weight has not come back, or if so, 1 or 2 lbs. Sweaters and pants have a bit looser feel. Another 10 lbs and I would be much satisfied.

I have heard that people who journal are more likely to keep fitness and food intake a priority. The wristband allows for continual monitoring, except when I shower, and can help with sleep. It promotes feedback and the online thing allows for data crunching and coonparison over time.

I can see how it looks like a watch and of course I would wear it on my right arm, and maybe it looks stupid to have two watches on. Then again, I might just sell my watches and wear it instead. I mean if I keep with it, it could be the future is here now. Heck for the longest Clinton wore a black rubber watch like an Ironman with suits as president.

Roma

A-List Customer
Daughter got a fitbit and she and her husband are into healthy eating. i want to get better and am thinking of getting a Fitbit. Dont know a darn thing about them. Tracking sleep might be good, since if there is a problem there, I can see a doctor about it. They have some Misfits that are about $25 and then lower price points on the Fitbit. I dont need to control music and answer calls, but heart rate and I guess calories burned would be good. Anyone got suggestions and experience stories?

I was looking at the Fitbit Flex and there are complaints about the band, how it fits, tearing up, and dropping out the inner disk that is the computer so to speak. Upgrade to that is the Flex. I like that it looks more like a rubber bracelet than a watch, but the band is complained of. It does not track stairs. Not much cheaper than the Fitbit Charge. So I am looking at a Charge or the Charge with HR.

I dont know what caused me to lose 15 lbs with this knee. It has been 6 weeks post surgery and the weight has not come back, or if so, 1 or 2 lbs. Sweaters and pants have a bit looser feel. Another 10 lbs and I would be much satisfied.

I have heard that people who journal are more likely to keep fitness and food intake a priority. The wristband allows for continual monitoring, except when I shower, and can help with sleep. It promotes feedback and the online thing allows for data crunching and coonparison over time.

I can see how it looks like a watch and of course I would wear it on my right arm, and maybe it looks stupid to have two watches on. Then again, I might just sell my watches and wear it instead. I mean if I keep with it, it could be the future is here now. Heck for the longest Clinton wore a black rubber watch like an Ironman with suits as president.
Hi, I'm afraid I'm too late with my reply but still.
I have a Fitbit one and Surge. I'm into healthy eating and sports. I'm not a professional sportsman, just like doing it. I do a lot of activities: yoga, running, weights, walking. Therefore the Surge is a perfect device: I can set an activity and it records it correctly. For example, the One doesn't understand what you are doing and just count your steps and calories burned. But I use the One when I'm not doing any activities not to wear the Surge too much since I like wearing my normal watch and a silver band. But the Fitbit app works perfectly with multiple devices managing the data smartly. As for the quility: both devices are perfect. The Surge fits good, the band is comfortable and doesn't cause skin rash. Maybe because I don't wear it very often. As for you, as I understood you want to monitor your calories (all the fitbit things do that based on the step data) and HR. The HR sensor works perfectly. Since I've been into sports for 15 years, I have a professional monitor from Suunto and I compared the data: fine, no major disparities. I think the same should be in the case of Fitbit HR. If you have any questions, just ask me, no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld