Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

se couvrir

One of the Regulars
Great to see your shots of La Serenissima, Daniele. Have holidayed several times, mainly over Christmas - our favourite city of all and now longing to see it again. The most evocative experience for us was crossing to San Giorgio Maggiore and visiting in the thick fog.

Chris

javadave61

Practically Family
IMG_6283_zpsnwuxg85a.jpg
[/URL]

You're who I wanna be when I grow up! If I ever grow up.

Charlie, Daniele, thanks for the peek backstage. It's one of the pleasures of this thread to learn a little more about Lounge friends... even when it is TMI as in the case of Charlie's double-knit pants. :eeek::)

My friend Ale (Aureliano) who no longer posts unfortunately, has been working on a series of photos of Venice. Beautiful and haunting place that is also hard for foreigners get to know beneath the surface of tourism.

I also had the chance to visit with Le Douanier during a recent trip to NYC and MoMA.

rousseau.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Alan your Henri Rouseau background is not present in Venice. Most of the paintings came from Paris (Musee d'Orsay) the curator of exhibition too.
Venezia is one of the most iconic town in this world and is very difficult to take photos without to be in the same wave of (many) others.
The surface of tourism is more and more thick and the town is increasingly depopulated and the "veneziani" increasingly rare.......

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
I have been on the road from local myself and in the last 10 days have missed some great posts from Italy, Suriname, C.A.R., Venice, a flashback to the 80's, and some fine art, both literal and on the head. Thanks for sharing your roving selves gents.

javadave61

Practically Family
Dave? What? Are you a "spring chicken?" Or maybe just Peter Pan? :)
Good point. I only recently realized that if you multiply my age times two, I quite surpass the age any of my family have lived to. I'd call it a mid - life crisis, but I might have passed that opportunity.
Okay, I just did all the math, and I'm still closer to 40 than I am to 80... for another month or so, anyway!
60 is the new 40. No need to be normal just yet.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Good point. I only recently realized that if you multiply my age times two, I quite surpass the age any of my family have lived to. I'd call it a mid - life crisis, but I might have passed that opportunity.

60 is the new 40. No need to be normal just yet.

DITTO plus 3 years added to the 60. Lol.

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Not as amazing as Daniele and Charlie pictures but today had to go to my parents "country house" do to some shores since my father is not capable of doing those at the moment.
My mother have a huuuuuuge... erm... garden there and since it's spring...
20150419.jpg

20150419b.jpg

20150419c.jpg

20150419d.jpg

20150419e.jpg

20150419f.jpg

20150419g.jpg

20150419h.jpg

20150419i.jpg

20150419j.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
This one is a very strange flower from the "Ilha da Madeira" (Madeira Island).
20150419k.jpg

Some more...
20150419l.jpg

20150419m.jpg

Harvested some peas and broad beans (we call those "Favas". Those are very appreciated in Portugal)
20150419n.jpg

20150419p.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Those are called "Bird of Paradise" here in the U.S. (also known as Crane Flower), and the portion shown in your photo is usually far more beautiful than the plant from which it springs.
It is mostly known as "Estrelícia" but it also have the same name "Bird of Paradise" ("ave do paraíso") -> Strelitzia reginae
This is the most beautiful part of the plant. The rest are big leafs.

Glad you all liked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82