Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

face shape drawing

chucklehead

A-List Customer
does anyone have that drawing that tells you witch hat to wear for what
face shape you have?

if you could post it i's 'preciate it. :p :p :p

chucklehead

A-List Customer
Mr. Lucky said:

thanks much.

here is the female version:

hats_and_faces.gif

(& blessed are the big noses....& the cheese makers)

barrowjh

One Too Many
Yes, I think there is a limit to brim size for some of us. I recently acquired a dark grey Royal Deluxe Stratoliner with a 2 3/4 brim in 7 1/4 size. I've been trying to shrink the sweatband down to my 57.5 cm head, but it just won't shrink, still slipping down to my ears. One thing I notice, however, is that the brim looks disproportional on me - just too much hat for my shoulders. I have not made up my mind yet, but I think maybe 2 1/4 - 2 5/8 is my max range, with the sweet spot at 2 3/8 - 2 1/2. I may have to sell the Strat, or maybe give it to my son (very broad-shouldered). Darned shame, as it is the finest condition vintage hat I have yet encountered. The semi-plastic crown liner has yellowed, but otherwise it looks absolutely new. I may just continue wearing it, as it is just too sweet to put away just yet.

Bammac

New in Town
Vintage Betty...

Is there a chapter in there for the "Logical proportion of the Hat to the Budget"? By the way, the book is a nice find itself.

Bam

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bammac said:
Is there a chapter in there for the "Logical proportion of the Hat to the Budget"? By the way, the book is a nice find itself.

Bam

Seriously, I think I found a chapter like that in another book a week or so ago. My books are scattered all around, and not in one place, so it's actually very hard for me to find things (one of the reasons I'm giving stuff away).

Curious enough, I think this book was a recent purchase for a whopping $5, and I believe the bookshop I bought this from was having a sale, so I got at least 10% off. :D

I'll go back and look in this book and one other on my nightstand, but I think the one I want in order to answer your question is boxed up.

VB

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
barrowjh said:
... the brim looks disproportional on me - just too much hat for my shoulders ... I may have to sell the Strat, or maybe give it to my son (very broad-shouldered).

You have another option, one that many of us have chosen: you can trim the brim's width. It's not that hard; there's a thread about it around here. If you don't want to do so yourself, you can bring/send the hat to a professional hatmaker/seller. They trim brims all the time.

Bammac

New in Town
Betty...

I understand...I live in a very tiny house/cottage, and my shelves are filled, so books are stacked like pillars everywhere. I have a lot of difficulty discarding any book I enjoyed.
I like vintage books, and have quite a few, including a book of Kipling's verse from 1923, Doubleday,Page & Co., with a swastika as the publishers mark.

Very odd to see that, but apparently before The War it was pretty commonplace.

Bam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust