Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Europe may be turning face soon guys.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Interesting articles indeed. But sadly it's nothing new for religion to inspire and propagate bloodshed and war. According to this website http://www.center2000.org/ there are currently at least 18 major conflicts going on in the world that are religious based.

Years ago I talked to a person that told me about a Biblical prophecy that indicated that at some point in time the Almighty would tire of religions that promote bloodshed and would actually turn the governments of the world against them and destroy them as retribution for their God defaming actions.

At the time I thought that was pretty farfetched and didn't really see how that could happen. But I've never forgot it and in view of world conditions now, I'm starting to think that maybe that's not so farfetched after all.

fedoralover

MDFrench

A-List Customer
Looks like we're almost there. The question is, when these wars start, will America be willing to lose its religions as well. It seems there are two sides to the global camp - the spiritual society and the secular society. In this last election in the U.S., the spiritual society seems to have been the favored choice, and for understandable reasons - but what does that mean if this prophecy comes to pass?

An interesting question.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
That is an interesting question. Since none of us are prophet's we can only look at history and see some possibilties.

History shows us that Governments will go to great lengths to insure their security. We also see that since religious zealots feel their calling is from God, they will not compromise. What would the United States do if we expierienced another 9-11 type of hit. Perhaps one that was even worse, a biological attack or a dirty bomb that was tied to a religious group.

If indeed God's time of retribution against these types of religions is here, According to the American Standard Bible, Proverbs 21:1 states "The King's heart is in the hand of Jehovah as the watercourses: He turneth it whither soever he will"

It wouldn't be hard to see how God could make the President feel impelled to act. If the attack was bad enough, he could declare Martial law, which puts all religions under the direct control of the government. If that happens, all bets are off as to how the different denominations would respond to it.

One thing is for sure, this problem of religious fanaticism isn't going away. Whether inspired by God or not, the Nations are going to do what they have to do to bring it under control.

fedoralover

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Agreed!! But the security of the Nation will always be paramount. Desperate times will call for desperate measures. Again, this is just speculation on possibilities.

4 years ago would you have believed that the events of 9-11 would have been possible. In my wildest dreams I could never have imagined that both towers of the world trade center would be entirely destroyed by terrorists. So anymore I'm open to all possibilities.

It probably won't be long before we will find out though. Armageddon may be closer than all of us realize.

fedoralover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe