Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman and Aero A2's for sale

Flightnut

New in Town
Have an Eastman Cable goatskin 42" for sale,approx 6 mths old,nicely broken in.
Aero Seal Real Deal 44" 4 mths old nicely broken in .
Any one interested in both or one...make me an offer!
Live in the UK London/Surrey area.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Can you post measurements please

Please post measurements (as measured by yourself and a tape) as the manufacturer's sizing from make to make can vary and doesn't always give a true indicator to its size.
So it will increase your chances of a sale if you could please include those and the general condition and of course, some good photos (which are often more powerful than a thousand words!), eg: front back, close up of pockets, collar, knits, inside, label..the usual!! Good luck.

Naphtali

Practically Family
I live in Missoula, Montana, USA. Winters are too much for my Avirex A2 jacket, so I'm looking.

I am unfamiliar with either coat's design. My only experience with Aero, admittedly at long distance, is the other Aero offered in these Classifieds. That jacket runs significantly small for its listed size.

Please furnish graphics of your coats; links to manufacturers' web sites are acceptable second choices.

In your opinion is either coat satisfactory for -20 degrees Celsius?
Your having chosen to not accept private messages handicaps both of us.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
not to hijack the thread, but that is what happened to me when I joined... I started conversing with Panama Bob and got cut off when they placed that into effect.

So I started posting "nice Hat" and few times and quickly got back to business.

I would love to see the pics of these fine jackets, probably a bit too rich for my blood but I love to look at quality stuff.

Mark the shoeshine boy

Flightnut

New in Town
Naphtali,
Really rubbish on this IT stuff,so still learning my new digital camera features!
May be a while before I can work out how to post pictures!
The jackets whilst decent weight hide will be way too cold for your -20 temps unless you had significant layering,which would mean they'd be a really loose fit in the spring/summer!I'll get around to posting measurements in next couple of days.If you want detailed pics see Eastman Leather clothing website and go to original maker contracts,mine is the Cable Manufacturing russet goatskin.The Aero Leather Clothing Co website has a good pic of an Aero Real Deal in seal brown.

Naphtali

Practically Family
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to see your jackets.

You are correct. Your jackets are unsatisfactory replacements for my Avirex A-2. Interestingly, if it were about six inches longer, all either would require is a Thinsulate zip-out liner and stand-up [synthetic??] fur/sheepskin collar ?ɬ† la B-3, M-444, et.al. I suspect I must either have an existing pattern extensively modified -- that is kind've custom made -- or have a coat custom made. Anyone know who is capable and willing to do such a job?

About twenty years ago Franconia-Jagd's catalog had a coat that was what I now know I should have bought.

Or perhaps, I should shift perspective and look closely at wool outdoorsman's coats?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007