Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Downton Abbey - I'm hooked

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just out of curiosity, has anyone caught the PBS show Secrets of Highclair Castle? I saw it last night & I enjoyed it.

Yes, I saw the second half of it on Sunday and the first half on repeat on Monday. It was really good and I didn't make the King Tut connection at all until they exposed it. I thought it was fascinating how they kept the estate in running order in modern times, and the comparisons in staff levels.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I know..:( i had a bad feeling about that, really.

Me too. If they make Edith out to be a tragic character just for her past sins, it might make me stop watching. I fear that is what they are going to do to her. I know in real life things don't always work out fairly, but darn it, this is fiction and I like my fiction happier than this!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Me too. If they make Edith out to be a tragic character just for her past sins, it might make me stop watching. I fear that is what they are going to do to her. I know in real life things don't always work out fairly, but darn it, this is fiction and I like my fiction happier than this!

Just wait...:(

Classydame

One of the Regulars
Wasn't Edith's wedding dress beautiful? I thought it was prettier than Mary's. I must admit this past episode does seem pretty soap opera-ish. I actually like Edith the best, she seems more dimensional to me. Mary is uptight and Sybil seems too sweet.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wasn't Edith's wedding dress beautiful? I thought it was prettier than Mary's. I must admit this past episode does seem pretty soap opera-ish. I actually like Edith the best, she seems more dimensional to me. Mary is uptight and Sybil seems too sweet.

Agreed on all counts. I would add that Mary's gotten a little snotty and Sybil's kind become a bit of a doormat to her husband... I miss the old Sybil who had her own ideas about things and spoke up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth