Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Donald Duck Gets Drafted

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
All of the early Lockheed PV1 Venturas, built in Burbank, had Disney cartoons painted just behind the entry door.
x5_zps8xhfnuzi.jpg
nzaf5_zpsiwc5ssn4.jpg
nzaf2_zpsngsuolzl.jpg
nzaf0_zpsnk3qesvk.jpg
mickey-ventura_zpsymnrolmk.jpg
mickey_zpsr43bedn1.jpg

Stand By

One Too Many
I look forward to listening to that link whilst I work and I'm sure I'll enjoy it … thanks for posting.

I've always thought of Disney and Warner Bros. as being like Pepsi or Coke - although both are the best, people seem to prefer the look of one over the other - and I've always just prefered Warner Bros., who also did work for the AAF in WW2.

This was always my favourite cartoon character patch and made in WW2 - I found it for sale (and copied the image here) when I'd ordered an Aero M422-A (before I discovered the joy that is the Aero ANJ-3 and switched my order) and, being a US Navy patch, I'd have put this on it in an ideal world - but the patch cost as much as the jacket! (but it was in absolute minty condition - and was constructed in lovely twill and silk). Beautiful colours and details.

VT36 patch.jpg

Last edited:

SIGGY

A-List Customer
Donald made it onto a Lot of emblems of all the branches of service , see some on my two sites on Facebook, "WW2 Fighter Group Unit Emblems" and "WW2 AAF Bombardment Unit Emblems" enjoy !!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken