Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you remember these?...

Rafter

Suspended
DanielJones said:
My cousin sent me this one and it's just too fun not to share. How many of these things do you remember? You'll need sound for this to get the full enjoyment.
Do you remember these?

Cheers!

Dan

Thanks Dan, I really enjoyed this....
and I do remember this Statler Brothers' Song!!

Saturday morning serials chapters 1 through 15
Fly paper penny loafers Lucky Strike Green
Flat tops sock hops Studebaker Pepsi please
Ah do you remember these

Cigar bands on your hand your daddy's socks rolled down
Sticks snow floats and aviator caps with flaps that button down
Styx nose plugs and aviator caps with flaps that button down
Movie stars on Dixie Cup tops and knickers to your knees
Ah do you remember these

The hit parade great Tru-Aid The Sadie Hawkins Dance
Pedal pushers duck tail hair and beggin' your pants
Howdie-Doodie Tutti-Frutti the seam up the back of her hose
Ah do you remember those

James Dean he was keen Sunday movies were taboo
The Senior Prom Judy's mom rock and roll was new
Cracker Jack prize stars in your eyes ask daddy for the keys
Ah do you remember these

The boogey man lemonade stand and takin' your tonsils out
Hindenburg and wait your turn and four foul balls you're out
Cigarette loads and secret codes and savin' lucky stars
Can you remember back that far

The boat neck shirts and fender skirts and crinoline petticoats
Mum's the word and a dirty bird and a double root beer float
Moon hub caps and loud heel taps and he's a real gone cat
Ah do you remember that

Dancin' close little moron jokes and cooties in her hair
Captain Midnight Ovaltine and The Whip at the County Fair
Charles Atlas Course Roy Roger's Horse and only The Shadow knows
Ah do you remember those

Gable's charm Frog in your arm loud mufflers pitchin' woo
Going steady Veronica and Betty white tux and Blue Suede Shoes
Knock Knock jokes and who's there Dewey Dewey who
Do we remember these
Yes we do ah do we do we remember these!:eusa_clap

Hondo

One Too Many
Yeah I remember most of them as a kid, kinda makes me sad, one of favorites was Saturday mornings with Roy Rogers and Trigger, movies and TV show, even if it was reruns, I didn't care.

And of course Cracker Jack theme song with Jack Gifford,
who remembers the entire song?

What do you want when you got to have something,
and its gotta be sweet and its gotta be a lot and you only have dime?

What do you want?

Lip smacking, nick snackin, paddy wackin, skillow wacking (take a deep breath) ahhhh... Cracker Jacks!

Candy coated popcorn, peanut surprise, thats what you get in Cracker Jacks!!

And there are still a couple A&W drive-ins around here, last I knew--Kent and (if it's still there) South Tacoma/Parkland/Spanaway, WA.

Hmmm, maybe we should start a thread about remaining old drive-ins, not counting Sonic (even though I love some of their stuff, they're more "retro" than "vintage").

Kimberly

Practically Family
Does anyone remember Romper Stompers? We were talking about them at work this week and how much we loved them when we were little.

I loved Cracker Jacks when I was young but am sad to say I have never had the experience of a drive in restaurant.

GeniusInTheLamp

One of the Regulars
Most of that was a bit before my time, but my parents (and their parents) knew exactly what Messrs. Reid, Reid, Balsley, & DeWitt were singing about.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Just the other day I had got some cracker jacks and was sharing some with a girl at work, she asked me if they still had suprises. I told her if you considered a cheap paper wannabe pencil topper that tears when you open it a suprise. I remember real stuff. Rings, balls, real pencil toppers, even when they started toning down and did stickers and tatoos.
Lets see, what else, yes Pepsi please, just finished one, not snow floats though, snow ice cream, but that was like 28 years ago when we still lived out east.
Tonsils out, that was just 14 years ago, finailly, thank goodness!!!! To many years of them keep saying no, we dont like to do that anymore unless absolutely necessessarey. 2-3 a year of tonsilitis inflamtions for 5 years seems pretty freakin necessary to me...sheesh.
Boogey man bugged the kiddlings the other week, I think he shared some knock knock jokes with the youngest,
More Ovaltine please! MC has blue suede shoes on an other thread,
Yes we do ah do we do we remember these!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DanielJones said:
It's just one of the fun little things that may make you smile, and leave you having a better day. Glad y'all got to enjoy it. Have a great weekend!

Cheers!

Dan

This definitely made me smile:) Thanks!! Although I don't personally remember these things, although some of them did come back into fashion in the 80's:eek:, I have fond recollections of my Dad and Grandfather talking about a lot of these things. Thanks again Daniel, what a hoot:D

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sefton said:
There's quite a few classic cars here. None of 'em are mine...yet. I just have the clothes to go with them!;)
:eek:fftopic: I never noticed you live in Burlingame Sefton. The PEZ museum is there. I have always wanted to go there, for I order a lot of my vintage PEZ from them. 2 years ago on a road trip down the coast we passed Burlingame. I wanted to stop so badly, but we were on a tight schedule. Can't believe I was so close, and didn't get to see it:( You probably don't think so, but I think you're very lucky to live near such a cool place:D (I know, I'm a dork!!)

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
Lincsong said:
I see some Studebaker Hawk's in Burlingame all the time. Not a bad looking car.

I see one now and then at Sequoia Station. Could be somebody from Burlingame working there?

Daisy Buchanan said:
...(I know, I'm a dork!!)
More :eek:fftopic:, but: Such harsh language in describing yourself, Miss Daisy! We all have our idiosyncracies--other people'll fling invective or not as they choose, why are you helping 'em cut ya down? It's just an unusual little hobby you've chosen, no need to belittle it... (I'm kinda the same way with my stuffed sharks and collectible miniatures, so if you're a "dork", what does that make me?)

Hondo said:
Yeah I remember most of them as a kid, kinda makes me sad, one of favorites was Saturday mornings with Roy Rogers and Trigger, movies and TV show, even if it was reruns, I didn't care.

And of course Cracker Jack theme song with Jack Gifford,
who remembers the entire song?

What do you want when you got to have something,
and its gotta be sweet and its gotta be a lot and you only have dime?

What do you want?

Lip smacking, nick snackin, paddy wackin, skillow wacking (take a deep breath) ahhhh... Cracker Jacks!

Candy coated popcorn, peanut surprise, thats what you get in Cracker Jacks!!

Jeeze..I remember most of them,too! Yeah..does seem kinda sad,in a way.
I can remember when American Bandstand started. The original Mickey Mouse Club.
Yep Saturday morning cowboy flicks........
How about a little TV Cowboy trivia...(Could make for another interesting thread!).
1. Hopalong Cassidy's horses name was...?
2. Wild Bill Hickcock's horses name was....?
3. Cisco Kid's horses name was.....?
Wonder if anyone can name these three?
There are many more.
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust